Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  In-line edit option in QDP view

Posted Jan 03, 2019 11:51 AM

Hello,

Does anyone know if the in-line edit option within the QDP view has been disabled?

I am certain I was able to make in-line changes to "notes" field of tasks within a story/defect in the QDP view. Now I am not able to.

It was really simple to make updates to notes using in-line editing. Now it's frustrating to open each task, scroll down to Notes and then make the update!

• 2.  Re: In-line edit option in QDP view

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 03, 2019 01:50 PM

Free text fields are not editable (in-line) in the collections view which you are showing here.  You will need to use QDP and open the tasks or use the custom list app.

• 3.  Re: In-line edit option in QDP view

Posted Jan 03, 2019 01:54 PM

It was available before though. Even a couple weeks ago. Is this a recent change?

Regards,

Niveditha

• 4.  Re: In-line edit option in QDP view

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 03, 2019 04:22 PM

Hi;

It is not really that recent of a change, more like a few months actually since collections were brought in.  Bringing the in-line edit into paridy with EDP (and FDP which is in limited beta) may be something on the roadmap but no timeline is available currently.  Again I recommend using a custom list app where this functionality still exists. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

• 5.  Re: In-line edit option in QDP view

Posted Jan 10, 2019 12:33 PM

Thanks for confirming.