Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Test Case Results in excel Add-in

Posted Feb 11, 2019 05:13 PM

I'm trying to use the excel add-in to generate a report showing the test case result recorded within a specific test set. I have the Add-in installed in excel. When I create a new Querry and select Test Case Result as the type, when I run the querry I get an error message "Query failed due to errors: could not read: The provided query is invalid. One or more attributes used in the query are applicable to the ypte requested. for class TestCaseResult for class TestCaseResult"

I have tried many different options for the columns selected and column sorting, but all result in this error.

• 2.  Re: Test Case Results in excel Add-in
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 15, 2019 05:52 AM

Bernadette, 

With regards to your question, based on the latest Agile Central Excel Add-In please find the columns/query I've added and the results I've obtained : 

Excel Add-In Test Case Results output

I hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions on this topic. Thank you and have a great weekend !

Kind Regards,

Piotr

• 3.  Re: Test Case Results in excel Add-in

Posted Feb 19, 2019 05:32 PM

Hi Bernadette, if you are using the older Excel add-in, what query/filter are you using?

• 4.  Re: Test Case Results in excel Add-in

Posted Feb 20, 2019 09:22 AM

I am using the older excel add-in. I wasn't aware of the beta version. I'm not able to add the beta version at this time, my company has blocked the ability to add  Add-Ins through the My Add-ins option. 

I've tried multiple combinations of columns, filters/queries all result in the same error. Even just selecting

Type = Test Case Result

Order = Date

Columns = Verdict

Query Parameters

I get the same error.

I have tried adding filters that work in my other queries to narrow the results down, that does not help either. I've also tried renaming the query so that it does not match the Type.

• 5.  Re: Test Case Results in excel Add-in

Posted Feb 20, 2019 05:12 PM

That is very strange.  I think you'll probably have to open a support case with Rally.  For what it's worth, I was able to duplicate your Export in the old add-in and it worked.  I checked the box for Log Details and my log file shows:

Get (00:00:06.9838532):
    https://rally1.rallydev.com/slm/webservice/1.43/testcaseresult.js?pagesize=200&order=Date,ObjectID&project=/project/123456789012&projectScopeDown=true&projectScopeUp=false&start=1&workspace=/workspace/1234567890&fetch=Verdict
    Request Headers:
    X-RallyIntegrationLibrary: Rally Rest API for .NET v2.0.1.0
    X-RallyIntegrationVendor: CA Technologies, LLC
    X-RallyIntegrationName: CA Agile Central Add-in for Excel
    X-RallyIntegrationVersion: 2.4.4.0
    X-Trace-Id: 08826d1b-87ea-43ad-92be-2c4af7ea7792
    X-RallyIntegrationOperation: Export