Rally Software

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How can I make a view which has a list of all the Stories that have atleast one task assigned to me?

kalina.kieterling

kalina.kieterlingSep 07, 2018 01:46 PM

• 1.  How can I make a view which has a list of all the Stories that have atleast one task assigned to me?

Posted Sep 06, 2018 04:00 PM

How can I make a view which has a list of just those Stories that have at least one task assigned to me?

I want to see such stories with the tasks under them in a custom list style view.

Is there a way to do this using filters or queries?

• 2.  Re: How can I make a view which has a list of all the Stories that have atleast one task assigned to me?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2018 05:03 PM

Hi  Niveditha,

One way you could perhaps accomplish this is by creating a Custom List app that shows Tasks and filter it by name as follows:

Then you can add the WorkProduct column to the field list to show the User Story associated:

Your resulting list would look like this:

Hope this helps

-David

• 3.  Re: How can I make a view which has a list of all the Stories that have atleast one task assigned to me?

Posted Sep 06, 2018 05:19 PM

Hey David,

Thanks for responding

Doing this brings up a list of tasks that I'm an owner of.

But I want a list of user stories and not the list of tasks. Although I want only those stories that have atleast one task assigned to me. I hope I'm not confusing you.. let me know if this is not clear, I can try with an example

Regards,

Nivi

• 4.  Re: How can I make a view which has a list of all the Stories that have atleast one task assigned to me?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2018 05:30 PM

Hi Nivi,

It is kind of reverse logic since it is based on the tasks, but we're displaying the "parent" item of the task in the list.

This is easier than displaying a list of user stories and trying to filter based on details in the task.

• 5.  Re: How can I make a view which has a list of all the Stories that have atleast one task assigned to me?

Posted Sep 06, 2018 05:54 PM

Oh I understand what you're saying. But I asked for user stories specifically is because I wanted to see the user story with the option to expand it (using the tiny arrow on the left of the formatted ID), and see the tasks inside the story.

With the current method, I would have to click on the story to open it and only then will be able to see the tasks underneath. It's  not a huge deal, but if it's possible, then I want my users to avoid any additional steps.

• 6.  Re: How can I make a view which has a list of all the Stories that have atleast one task assigned to me?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2018 07:00 PM

Ok, let's try something else

Add a Custom List to your page with the following settings

That gives me the following output:

• 7.  Re: How can I make a view which has a list of all the Stories that have atleast one task assigned to me?

Posted Sep 07, 2018 11:15 AM

Hey David!

This is what I wanted  Thank you very much!

Now, can I ask for one additional level of complexity?

Is there a way I can share a page and set the query in such a way, that whoever opens the list sees the list filtered by their own name?

e.g. I share this page with my whole team. If I open, the list shows all stories that have atleast one task with my name. If my colleague opens it, the list should show the story list that have atleast one task with his/her name. 

Regards,

Nivi

• 8.  Re: How can I make a view which has a list of all the Stories that have atleast one task assigned to me?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2018 11:54 AM

Hi Nivi,

This is possible, but requires a slight alteration to the query in the Custom List settings:

• 9.  Re: How can I make a view which has a list of all the Stories that have atleast one task assigned to me?

Posted Sep 07, 2018 12:28 PM

This is PERFECT!

Thank you very much!! I really appreciate your quick responses and patience

Hope you have a great weekend ahead!

Regards,

Nivi

• 10.  Re: How can I make a view which has a list of all the Stories that have atleast one task assigned to me?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2018 10:43 AM

Thanks! Can this be included as a pre-configured example for Custom Lists that we can directly select from the app list, perhaps? Might be a very common request?

• 11.  Re: How can I make a view which has a list of all the Stories that have atleast one task assigned to me?

Posted Sep 07, 2018 01:46 PM

WORK VIEWS for the win  I will just leave it at that.

• 12.  Re: How can I make a view which has a list of all the Stories that have atleast one task assigned to me?

Posted Sep 07, 2018 04:55 PM

Hey Kalina! 

I tried that and it doesn't give me filtering options in the way I want. 

I want to filter out by task ownership and that's not an option in the filters.

Am I missing something? :/

• 13.  Re: How can I make a view which has a list of all the Stories that have atleast one task assigned to me?

Posted Sep 07, 2018 05:00 PM

Seriously. But can't wait for filter logic ... which they're working on.

• 14.  Re: How can I make a view which has a list of all the Stories that have atleast one task assigned to me?

Posted Sep 14, 2018 01:53 PM

Same question, but instead of Tasks under a user story, how can i see defects?

• 15.  Re: How can I make a view which has a list of all the Stories that have atleast one task assigned to me?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2018 02:03 PM

Hi Paul,

If I understand correctly, your view would look something like this:

Which would give you a list like this:

• 16.  Re: How can I make a view which has a list of all the Stories that have atleast one task assigned to me?

Posted Sep 14, 2018 04:13 PM

Thanks that worked; I added a note to the custom list App display name that only defects associated with a story will display.