Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Why can't I see tasks associated with a story?

Posted May 01, 2019 07:57 PM

I can't see the tasks associated with a story.  The story shows the correct number of tasks on the tab but not when I open the tasks tab.  I see them flash very quickly but then get replaced with a message telling me there are no tasks.  I can access the tasks through Team Status or if I search on the number. It's clearly lying.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

• 2.  Re: Why can't I see tasks associated with a story?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 02, 2019 12:21 PM

Hi Bob,

Do you see these same tasks underneath this same user story in the Iteration Status page for example?

Also, in your screenshot here, we can't see the filter search field which is right under the Revision History tab/button. We can see just the beginning of it, but not the entire field. Is that search filter field empty?

Thanks,

Sagi

• 3.  Re: Why can't I see tasks associated with a story?

Posted May 02, 2019 01:02 PM

Thanks, last night I happened to notice the search field and cleared it out—fixed the problem.  I didn’t use the search but I think I fat fingered it accidentally.  The system keeps the search parameters even after you log out/in.  Not sure if that’s intentional?

At any rate thanks for your quick response and you can call this user error.

Bob Zasuly

Business Analyst/Web Applications

CommonSpirit

• 4.  Re: Why can't I see tasks associated with a story?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 02, 2019 01:10 PM

Bob,  That's right, the Search is now a persistent field.  We are working on an enhancement to the messaging on the collections page to reference the search/filter that is present.  For anyone else who is looking at this post, here is a sample screenshot of what you may see:

Edwin