Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  query variable

Posted May 10, 2019 08:02 PM

I'm new to Agile Central, but pretty experienced in other systems.   I'm trying to query our project for items of interest.   The query syntax is straightforward, and the Help contains a list of operators.   

But... where the **** do I find a simple list of the variables (or field names) that are valid?

Without a comprehensive list, I'm restricted to the variables used in the examples, or lucky guesses.   This seems like an egregious lack in the documentation  - I've wasted half an hour searching, w/o success.   I tried a couple options from the API documentation,  but that didn't seem to work. 

• 2.  Re: query variable
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 12, 2019 10:11 PM

Hi Barry,

To see a list of all fields available for each type of work item, Please check Web Services API documentation.

Please find each object contain child elements, they are they field name you could use for your query. And also When querying a custom field, Please include "c_", before the field name, as noted in the WSAPI documentation. For example, (c_MyCustomField = "MyCustomValue")

Could you help to share which fields are not available for you? Or could you help to share your Failed queries?

Thanks,

ZhaoKun

• 3.  Re: query variable

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 13, 2019 03:11 AM

Hi Barry,

The article below outlines the query.

To access the article directly:

https://docs.ca.com/en-us/ca-agile-central/saas/grid-queries#problems

Kun

• 4.  Re: query variable

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 13, 2019 01:26 PM

Hi Barry, 

In addition to the info from ZhaoKun, I would like to add that sometimes it is not that clear from the API docs exactly what fields are available. The system relies on a type definition hierarchy. This means that if you go to look at the"HierarchicalRequirements" (UserStory) type, the doc doesn't show you ALL the fields for that type, just the EXTRA fields defined for that type. You have to follow the type def hierarchy back up to get all the fields. I made a custom app that can show you the typedef hierarchy for your system. There is a picture of what it looks like here: https://github.com/nikantonelli/TypeDefinition-Hierarchy If you decide to install the app, you can hover over the circles on the diagram and it will show you the same info as the manuals in that it is dynamically deduced from your current workspace. The diagram just makes it easier to visualise the hierarchy rather than hunting back and forth in the docs.

• 5.  Re: query variable

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 13, 2019 01:52 PM

Hi Barry,

To add to what both Nik and ZhaoKun advised, you can check out this brief article that explains how to navigate the object model to learn of the available fields of WSAPI endpoint objects.

Thanks,

Sagi

• 6.  Re: query variable

Posted May 13, 2019 02:36 PM

Thanks, everyone, for your quick responses!    I'm surprised it's so complicated to figure out queries in this tool... but it looks like you've given me the right information to figure it out.   I really appreciate it.