Rally Software

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Product Announcement - Editable Detail Page (EDP) Deprecation

• 1.  Product Announcement - Editable Detail Page (EDP) Deprecation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 27, 2018 06:09 PM

In order to provide the same great functionality in our quick detail panel (QDP) as well as provide a more performant editor, we are going to be deprecating our editable detail page (EDP) and replacing it with a new full detail panel (FDP) experience!

The deprecation will be happening on April 23rd when the new FDP experience goes live for everyone

Once EDP has been deprecated for you or your subscription, you will no longer be able to access EDP or the rich text (single field) templates. We strongly suggest migrating any rich text templates to work item templates as soon as possible. Instructions on migrating rich text templates can be found here.

For an overview of the new FDP functionality, you can watch this video:

Along with a new editor, all of this functionality will now be available in FDP and QDP. 

Switching Between Full Screen and Split Screen

FDP will be replacing the old full screen editor that was available on user stories, defects, tasks, portfolio items, risks, investments, defect suites, test cases, test sets, test folders, test case runs, iterations, releases and milestones. To switch between the full screen and split screen view, you can use the default view toggle at the top of the editor.

Hide/Show Fields

You can choose which fields to hide or show in QDP and FDP using the Field Selector at the top.

Drag And Drop Field Reordering

Hovering over the left of field name will reveal a handle that you can use to drag and drop fields to change their display order.

When moving a field, look for the horizontal gray bar to ensure you're dropping it in the location you want to move it to.

At Mentions

In any rich text field including Discussion and Description, there is an @ button which will allow you to select a user to mention, and that user will receive an email notifying them.

Connections Including Pull Requests

While you could only view changesets in EDP, QDP and FDP now show both changesets and pull requests in the Connections collection. Click on the Connections (globe) icon.

Work Item Templates

Work item templates allow you to create templates for multiple fields at the same time, and you can include child tasks on a story or child stories on a parent story/feature. Use the Templates button at the top of QDP/FDP to access the template modal.

Copy Formatted ID

To use the Copy Formatted ID, hover just to the right of the formatted ID in QDP so the copy boxes appear, then click on the icon to see the copy options.

Risks Collection

You can see which risks are associated with a user story or portfolio item with the risk collection available on QDP and FDP.

• 2.  Re: Product Announcement - Editable Detail Page (EDP) Deprecation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2018 12:24 PM

Is it possible to move fields over to the left side?

It seems I can only reorder fields for the right side fly-out panel.

I tried to move a field from the right side fly-out panel over to the left side and i am not able to do it.

I like the ability to hide/show fields and reorder fields and make it unique to the record type - defect vs story.

• 3.  Re: Product Announcement - Editable Detail Page (EDP) Deprecation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 29, 2018 01:52 PM

The drag-n-drop reorder feature is great! ... EXCEPT ... it seems that the configuration is only saved in the browser.

IfI click the browser's REFRESH button, my settings are lost!

I reordered the fields and was enjoying the new configuration going from defect to defect.

Then, the next day, I clicked the browser REFRESH button and ugh! the settings were lost.

Why would the settings get lost with a simple browser refresh?  I would think that the settings are saved as a personalization for my user account and not saved in the browser.

If I make a configuration change and then use the same browser, the next day all is fine, the settings are saved. 

If I decide to use a different browser the settings are not there ; it shows the stock configuration.

Is there a way to save the settings so they are permanently saved for my user?

• 4.  Re: Product Announcement - Editable Detail Page (EDP) Deprecation

Posted Feb 28, 2019 01:18 PM

I agree that these kinds of personalization settings should be persisted in my account and not my browser.  I access Agile Central from a number of different machines and it will not be fun to have to configure each one individually.

• 5.  Re: Product Announcement - Editable Detail Page (EDP) Deprecation

Posted Apr 23, 2019 12:06 PM

Save as new "Template" and mark it as 'Default For Me'.

• 6.  Re: Product Announcement - Editable Detail Page (EDP) Deprecation

Posted Feb 27, 2019 05:58 PM

Look forward to trying this out, love how fast QDP.   

• 7.  Re: Product Announcement - Editable Detail Page (EDP) Deprecation

Posted Mar 22, 2019 07:55 AM

That's pretty awesome, I would be interested in trying FDP

• 8.  Re: Product Announcement - Editable Detail Page (EDP) Deprecation

Posted Mar 26, 2019 01:46 PM

When is the switch to FDP expected to happen for everyone?

I would like to communicate to everyone here before it does, so they are not surprised with the change. 

• 9.  Re: Product Announcement - Editable Detail Page (EDP) Deprecation

Posted Mar 28, 2019 09:46 AM

grama23 will we still be able to access the old template functionality for the Kanban Board?  We have templates created for the Exit Agreements so just wanted to check to see if this change will affect that at all.

• 10.  Re: Product Announcement - Editable Detail Page (EDP) Deprecation

Posted Apr 05, 2019 04:05 AM

When having the detailed editor on the right hand side & opening the Discussions for example to post a new comment, the ‘Post’ button is located on the right side.

When increasing the size of the detailed editor to the left, the post button is no longer visible.

It would be much better to have the ‘Post’ button on the left hand side.

• 11.  Re: Product Announcement - Editable Detail Page (EDP) Deprecation

Posted Apr 05, 2019 04:13 AM

What I miss is when mentioning an Item such as Defect, Story, etc. in a discussion and posting it, I would expect to have this as a hyperlink opening a new tab with the mentioned item.

And another point: I like the mention '@' feature, but is there no simpler way to do this?

E.g. just typing an '@' symbol and an pop up list will appear and you can filter for the desired person by typing the name.

Exactly the way it works here in the community?

• 12.  Re: Product Announcement - Editable Detail Page (EDP) Deprecation

Posted Apr 16, 2019 09:14 PM

JDSE They are making progress, this was a feature many people had been requesting even way before 2013.  I would have taken this without any custom panels or anything to have mentions deployed much sooner than it had been done.    

• 13.  Re: Product Announcement - Editable Detail Page (EDP) Deprecation

Posted Apr 11, 2019 04:47 PM

grama23 how do I disable this new view? The old one was imminently more usable. Most notably, it did not have the column limitation on the children tab. I need to see a variety of fields, and it's a waste of time to have to keep changing them. I have to resort to Portfolio Items to see the information I need on child items.

• 14.  Re: Product Announcement - Editable Detail Page (EDP) Deprecation

Posted Apr 16, 2019 03:40 PM

I haven't seen the issue mentioned anywhere about the lack of rich text options in QDP, but with the deprecation of the old pages it will become a bigger issue.

The key gap is that QDP does not provide the ability to select a font, particularly a monospace font (like Courier).  This is a big help when adding content like code or other technical notes that are clearest in monospace.  The other features (alignment) are less important from our perspective.

Will the new roll-out include support for selecting fonts?

Thanks.

• 15.  Re: Product Announcement - Editable Detail Page (EDP) Deprecation

Posted Apr 17, 2019 03:38 PM

Calling this a full detail view is a misnomer.  I have two columns now, neither of which I can minimize to give me an actual full page view.  Also, items I saw in my original view have now disappeared so it seems I will have to go in and redo what items I see for the screen (apparently per browser based on other comments too).  Even though it is a beta, I did not choose to participate or ask to participate, yet here I am without even a note of what would change before it showed up.  

In addition to removing values I previously saw, the view has added values I didn't have before.  I couldn't even accept a story without changing my view options.  So that is a great add to the slowness I was already experiencing! (Sorry, couldn't find the sarcasm font.)

• 16.  Re: Product Announcement - Editable Detail Page (EDP) Deprecation

Posted May 15, 2019 03:42 PM

I agree.  This forces me into a useless extra step adding to the already sluggish interaction.

• 17.  RE: Re: Product Announcement - Editable Detail Page (EDP) Deprecation

Posted Jun 12, 2019 04:40 PM
    I agree, although I am getting used to the new layout, but in addition the action buttons at the top of the screen are too big and take up too much space.

Would also like to be able to minimize the right hand panel to get a full view of my story details. One of my monitors is in Portrait layout and my story description is tiny.

No way to close up the fields as before which was quite helpful ​

------------------------------
    Product Analyst
    CWT
    ------------------------------