Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Better Defect tracking apps

Posted Jul 25, 2018 03:58 PM

The apps in the App Catalog like Defect Trend, Release Defect Trend and Defect by State are good (first three screenshots below). But they don't have any filtering options. I would like to have the same apps with filters so that I can see different cuts of data. e.g. Filter by severity, filter by release, filter by state, filter by a custom field in the defects etc. 

I found the Super customizable CFD app on github to be a decent app, but I would like to not have cumulative flow style graph for defects (last screenshot below) . Also I still don't have any replacement app with filters for the "Defect by state" app.

I also looked in github, but did not find any similar apps there. 

• 2.  Re: Better Defect tracking apps
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2018 04:07 PM

Hi Niveditha,

I don't believe we have an alternative app that will not display the cumulative data. I feel you're asking for a display that shows the discrete count per day but yet with a filtering capability, is that correct?

If so, then I'm unaware of an app that can do both

Will you want to post this idea to the ideas site at: https://ideas.rallydev.com ?  

Thanks,

Sagi

• 3.  Re: Better Defect tracking apps

Posted Jul 26, 2018 04:12 PM

Hey Sagi,

I'm basically asking for apps exactly like the first 3 screenshots, but, with filters.

I have found temporary consolation in the app in the last screenshot. I say temporary because it shows the graph in a cumulative flow and not just a simple trend line. 

And yes, I'm going to look in the ideas site and add one if required. 

Thanks again! (I was afraid I would get this response  )

Regards,

Niveditha

• 4.  Re: Better Defect tracking apps

Posted Aug 10, 2018 01:51 PM

Hey Sagi_Gabay

The Super customizable CFD app on github, doesn't allow for filtering by "Severity". Do you know of any alternative apps or ways to see this on a report?

Regards,

Nivi