Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Excel add-in: set up info export

Posted May 25, 2018 03:10 PM

I'm a workspace admin and I would like to use filters on "Default Project" . I tried export on Rally "users" page, but that does not export this column. So I went into excel and wanted to try an export of all users information into excel. But I couldn't figure out how and if it's possible in the first place.

Can some one help with this please?

Regards,

Nivi

• 2.  Re: Excel add-in: set up info export

Posted May 29, 2018 09:01 AM

niveditha_nivi yes I believe you can include the "Default Project" column when exporting User records via the Excel add-in. I know for sure it's exposed as a property in the WSAPI, and I've recently included that column when importing User records. So I'm pretty certain you can export it, too.

• 3.  Re: Excel add-in: set up info export

Posted May 29, 2018 09:52 AM

Hey Thom,

I'm just using the Export to csv option and I don't see the Default Project column in my excel. Is there something that I'm missing while exporting?

Regards,

Nivi

• 4.  Re: Excel add-in: set up info export

Posted May 29, 2018 11:35 AM

Apologies niveditha_nivi when you wrote "So I went into excel ..." I took that to mean you were using the Excel add-in. It seems that while you can include the Default Project as a viewable column on the Users page, that column is not being exported via the Export to CSV option. I don't know why, though; I had thought any column that you had on display would also export. So ... if you haven't tried the Excel add-in, this might be a good occasion as it should export that value.  

• 5.  Re: Excel add-in: set up info export

Posted May 29, 2018 12:35 PM

Hey Thom,

You're right about the excel add-in part. I can't seem to figure out how to export this information in the add-in. Is there a condition or some setting that I need to do, to be able to export "users" information?

Regards,

Nivi

• 6.  Re: Excel add-in: set up info export
    Best Answer

Posted May 29, 2018 02:36 PM

niveditha_nivi have you had a chance to peruse the user's guide? See the "Export Data" section of CA Agile Central Add-in for Excel Installation & User Guide | CA Agile Central Help for specifics on exporting. In particular, on Step 5, "Specify the type of CA Agile Central object to export", you'd choose User.

• 7.  Re: Excel add-in: set up info export

Posted May 29, 2018 03:25 PM

Hey Thom,

Thanks a ton! I found it in the "user data"  query type. 

I have just installed the plug in, so I'm still trying to get a grip of all the specifics.

Regards,

Nivi