Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Why Does the allowFunctions Property not "Stick"?  :)

Posted Oct 02, 2017 11:12 AM
      |   view attached

Very grateful for the coaching on filters earlier from corkr03.   That got my static, simple property/value pair checks working beautifully!

Now I need to apply a little heuristic with a function filter to calculate inclusion.  I'm trying to follow the examples for function filters, but for some reason, the "allowFunctions" flag keeps getting set to false.

The full Apps.js is attached, but here are some snippets.

Here is where I'm trying to turn allowFunctions on:

Turning allowedFunctions on

After the page renders, I print out the store config's filters:

Debug print to console store config's filters.

In the console, it shows that the allowFunctions flag is false, and the filterFn that I defined is not fired:

Console Debug Output shows allowedFunctions turned off

So either I am setting allowFunctions to true in the wrong place, or something built into the Rally Grid View and its store prohibits filter functions and flips the flag back to false.

OR there's a third option betraying how badly off my theory of operation is.

Oh, wise veterans, please advise.

Most gratefully, yours. 

Attachment(s)

zip
    App.js.zip   1016 B 1 version

• 2.  Re: Why Does the allowFunctions Property not "Stick"?  :)

Posted Oct 03, 2017 11:20 AM

Hey Mike, I wanted to refer to you Stack Overflow as it might be a better place for questions that are so in-depth -- folks who are more technical might be able to more quickly assist over there!  Here's the link: Newest 'rally' Questions - Stack Overflow  

• 3.  Re: Why Does the allowFunctions Property not "Stick"?  :)

Posted Oct 03, 2017 11:48 AM

Thanks, for the coaching, John.  I put my toe in the water in Stack Overflow earlier and got the distinct impression that there is little patience for inexperienced coders.  I was getting such wonderful and gracious help in this community.  So, I spent more time here than there. However, message received with respect to the scope and purpose of this forum.  Sorry, if I was posting items that were too technical in nature for its charter.  I'll desist.    Blessings on the rest of your week, sir, and thank you for all of yours and everyone else's help this past month.

• 4.  Re: Why Does the allowFunctions Property not "Stick"?  :)
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 03, 2017 01:02 PM

Definitely can understand that feeling! I just know that the AppSDK guru whom we usually ask if he doesn't mind participating here is actively involved and responds to questions posted there. Simply put, this forum is the "middle man".

• 5.  Re: Why Does the allowFunctions Property not "Stick"?  :)

Posted Oct 03, 2017 02:31 PM

OK - I moved this question to Stack Overflow.  Let's see if they just fuss at me or ignore me or both. 

Thanks, again, John, for all your help.