Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Unexpected error when clicking on Test Cases

Posted Aug 15, 2017 10:51 AM
      |   view attached

I have a user who had no troubles on Friday and all of a sudden yesterday can get to any test cases because she's getting an unexpected error.  Screenshot attached.

• 2.  Re: Unexpected error when clicking on Test Cases

Posted Aug 15, 2017 10:54 AM

I removed her permissions, saved.  Readded her permissions and saved.  Had her log out and log back in.  She tried, got into test cases once and then got the unexpected error again.

• 3.  Re: Unexpected error when clicking on Test Cases

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 15, 2017 11:33 PM

Hi Hook,

I will create a support case for this issue. Please let me know if you don't receive any email from our case system.

• 4.  Re: Unexpected error when clicking on Test Cases

Posted Aug 16, 2017 09:35 AM

We are also encountering this error.  A specific Test Set is suddenly empty of all test cases.  When the user selects "Run Test Set", no test cases are displayed, but the status (in previous interations - we copy sets from iteration to iteration) shows that all cases were passing and the display count is 0 to 0 of 27.

• 5.  Re: Unexpected error when clicking on Test Cases

Posted Aug 16, 2017 11:21 AM

Thanks for reporting this JStarbuck! I was reviewing the case that duvzh01 is working on with KathyHook and am wondering if there is a wider issue. I'll create case for you as well. 

• 6.  Re: Unexpected error when clicking on Test Cases

Posted Aug 16, 2017 11:25 AM

Wait a second - so are you getting the Unexpected Error, JStarbuck or is the Test Set just empty? Or both?

• 7.  Re: Unexpected error when clicking on Test Cases

Posted Aug 16, 2017 11:43 AM

Both -

If, from the Iteration, user selects "Run Test Set", the test set is empty.

If User searches for the test set (search bar), then clicks the link the Unexpected Error appears.  

Now that I'm walking through it, it may be two different issues.  Selecting any Test Set link from a search screen results in an unexpected error.  

• 8.  Re: Unexpected error when clicking on Test Cases
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2017 06:13 PM

Hello,

We are aware of an issue with the search functionality that is causing this error and have created a defect with our Engineering team to review it.  As a work around you can go directly to the page in question or use QDP (Quick Detail Page) .