Rally Software

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a way to define unique portfolio item states on a project level?

• 1.  Is there a way to define unique portfolio item states on a project level?

Posted Apr 12, 2018 04:25 PM

Upon working with an organization that does not want to create an additional Workspace, is there a way to have Portfolio Item states that are unique to different Projects or Child Projects?

The following is an oversimplification of what I want to do. The numbers represent named states.

Workspace: States 1,2,3,4,5,6

New Project: States 4,5,6

Legacy Project: States 1,2,3

I was hoping to define all possible portfolio item states on a Workspace level.

Then, per each Project or Child Project, I could show/hide the portfolio item states relevant to a project.

There are legacy Projects in the Workspace.

I don't want to disrupt how they are flowing work on a Portfolio level but I want different states for the new projects.

Any feedback would be helpful.

Thank you.

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to define unique portfolio item states on a project level?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 15, 2018 04:24 PM

Hi Derek,

Unfortunately there isn't an option to control the visibility or accessibility at the value level of any given field. This is only available on a field level. You can read about it more here, I also included a screen shot of the most relevant section relating to this. You can control the access to fields per projects or workspace, but that is not available to a granular level of the field's values:

Create and Customize Fields | CA Agile Central Help 

This could be an interesting idea that you may want to propose to our Ideas site at: https://ideas.rallydev.com/ 

Posting ideas , such as this, on that site will allow you to share with other customers, with our product team and possibly lead it forward.

Please let us know if we answered your question or if further questions.

Thanks,

Sagi