Rally Software

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Anyone know if it is possible to find the "Accepted By" when looking at stories, other than going into revision history of each story? Basically looking to pull a report on all stories and see who accepted them. I see an "accepted date" field but nothing

• 1.  Anyone know if it is possible to find the "Accepted By" when looking at stories, other than going into revision history of each story? Basically looking to pull a report on all stories and see who accepted them. I see an "accepted date" field but nothing

Posted Oct 26, 2017 09:18 AM

Looking for a way to be able to pull user story data out of rally and look at "Accepted By" value.  Only way i know of currently is revision history of each story, but that's not feasible when looking at all the stories for a project.

• 2.  Re: Anyone know if it is possible to find the "Accepted By" when looking at stories, other than going into revision history of each story? Basically looking to pull a report on all stories and see who accepted them. I see an "accepted date" field but noth
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 26, 2017 11:02 AM

My first thought would be to use the CA Agile Central Excel Add-in.

Create a new query.

Query

Type: Artifact Change Notification

Filter: Creation Date _ your choice here
    Columns: leave blank

Run Query, then filter the results in excel by the Description column

Use the "Text Filter" & Contains option

Enter into SCHEDULE STATE changed from [Completed] to [Accepted] into the Custom AutoFilter box.

The User column gives you the name of who accepted the user story.

Let me know if you need visual aides.

- Michael

• 3.  Re: Anyone know if it is possible to find the "Accepted By" when looking at stories, other than going into revision history of each story? Basically looking to pull a report on all stories and see who accepted them. I see an "accepted date" field but noth

Posted Oct 26, 2017 11:22 AM

What you said is actually how I solved it too. Before anyone commented I thought to check the Excel Plug-In as I remembered sometimes there is access to more fields then on the Rally UI.  Like you said you can do Artifact Change Notification, or there was also a field called "Revision".  Either way, it's like you said doing a text filter for that language of Schedule state changed from [COMPLETED] to [ACCEPTED] helps limit the tons of data retuned in the query to roughly what you're looking for.  Thanks for your help! glad I could get this answered today!