Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  How to create a default User Story or Defect, pre populated with tasks?

Posted Mar 20, 2018 09:59 AM

I often need to create multiple User Stories which are very similar.

It would be very helpful if I could create User Story from Template, that would have a default set of tasks already present.

I tried to find out if it is possible. I have done some browsing but didn't find an answer.

Could anyone help out? Much appreciated.

Regards

• 2.  Re: How to create a default User Story or Defect, pre populated with tasks?

Posted Mar 20, 2018 12:12 PM

It sounds like you probably want to get in on this! Just what you're looking for: Product Announcement - Work Item Templates 

• 3.  Re: How to create a default User Story or Defect, pre populated with tasks?

Posted Mar 21, 2018 05:48 AM

Thank you for your answer. It seems that is what I was looking for.

Unfortunately I can't access Work Item Templates, and QDP looks different than in the article. Less options.

Do I have to switch it on somewhere, or ask to enter beta? Would you know?

Cheers

• 4.  Re: How to create a default User Story or Defect, pre populated with tasks?

Posted Mar 21, 2018 06:42 AM

NoNamesLeft,

You will need to ask to be involved in the Beta of Work Item Templates.  You can comment on the Blog Post that John linked above.

More information about QDP and the various options available is here, Detail Pages | CA Agile Central Help .

Michael

• 5.  Re: How to create a default User Story or Defect, pre populated with tasks?

Posted Mar 21, 2018 08:15 AM

Edit: It's a nice feature to be able to respond directly into the forum by replying in my email client where I received notification of this.  But you feel even more of a fool if you miss the fact that someone's already responded!

I feel a bit of a fool for not directing you to the Work Item Templates trial in the first instance.

I guess I’m happy enough with my own working practices, and haven’t really been paying attention to that, though it does seems a popular Beta.

All you have to do is ask and you can be admitted to the Beta, as it said on the first posts on that Discussion.

QDP is the way of the future especially for Defects and Test Cases ahead of User Stories themselves. But until the old screens are turned off, you can switch between Quick View and Full View via the rectangle-icon buttons at the top right of the screen next to the Watch button.

Regards,

--Nev.