Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Why is Rally defaulting to the current sprint on every page refresh?

Posted Sep 15, 2015 04:19 PM
    Rally used to keep the same sprint selected as I navigated through different pages, but today, it is always defaulting to the current sprint. For example, if I am in Track =>Iteration Status and I have selected a future sprint from the drop down.  Let's call that Sprint B.   If I navigate directly to Track=> Team Status, I expect that page to be displayed with the info for Sprint B, as this is how the app has always behaved previously.   Today however, it is displaying the current sprint on that kind of navigation.

• 2.  Re:

Posted Sep 21, 2015 10:03 AM
    Hey @Kristin Small, if I'm remembering correctly, I feel like that's the way it has always functioned.  Especially on pages like #[Iteration Status Page], it always defaults to the current iteration as that is usually the most likely information a user wants to see -- but can always change it to look at a different iteration.   But when you select a certain iteration on one page and switch to another page, the context is not currently passed to the different page.  That's not functionality we have yet in Rally.

• 3.  Re:

Posted Sep 21, 2015 10:39 AM
    John,  perhaps you misunderstood me, because the change in behavior that I described was observed by everyone here that day.  Application went back to expected behavior a day or maybe two later.

• 4.  Re:

Posted Sep 21, 2015 10:48 AM
    Maybe you're right @Kristin Small :).  Glad things are back to normal though.