Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  How can I limit the features displayed on the Release Tracking page?

Posted Apr 04, 2017 12:13 PM

We have a handful of teams in a particular Portfolio area that are working on a set of features.  Is there a way to display only those features that those teams care about in the board format of teams/iterations that displays on the Release Tracking page?  The teams basically want to see a subset of features in that same format.  Ideally, a query on that page would do it.  I do not find a comparable app that could be added to a custom page.  Is there such a thing? 

• 2.  Re: How can I limit the features displayed on the Release Tracking page?

Posted Apr 05, 2017 11:36 AM

You've probably already figured this out but when you set your project scope to a team then Release Tracking will only show features pulled by that team. If you're looking for some sort of aggregate view of multiple teams then the only way to do this in a way that's anything like Release Tracking would be if all of the subject team projects had a common parent.

If this is important enough and you haven't already considered giving the subject team projects a common parent, even temporarily then that's about the only solution that I can think of offhand. Hope that helps.

• 3.  Re: How can I limit the features displayed on the Release Tracking page?

Posted Apr 06, 2017 01:49 PM

Our Features are shared across multiple Teams.  

What we are looking for is a way to see only the Features in a given Initiative on the Release Tracking Screen

If Release Tracking had a Filter similar to other portfolio apps then we could simply filter on Parent=<Initiative we want to see>

Can we get such a product feature implemented or on the backlog?

• 4.  Re: How can I limit the features displayed on the Release Tracking page?

Posted Apr 06, 2017 06:20 PM

Having the ability to filter Release Tracking seems like a decent idea, but I haven't looked through http://ideas.rallydev.com to see if anyone has proposed it. Just to be clear, I'm a customer like you and not a CA employee so as much as I'd love to have the power to get features implemented I think that you'll want to work with your CA team for that ;-)

• 5.  Re: How can I limit the features displayed on the Release Tracking page?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 07, 2017 12:56 PM

I've opened an idea for this one:  D4371 Implement Filters on the Release Tracking Page.  Glad to hear others want this functionality as well.  Please go out and vote on my idea!  I did see something similar suggested awhile ago but it was archived because not enough customers voted on it.

• 6.  Re: How can I limit the features displayed on the Release Tracking page?

Posted Apr 08, 2017 08:31 PM

• 7.  Re: How can I limit the features displayed on the Release Tracking page?

Posted Apr 13, 2017 06:16 AM

Here is a custom app that might help: GitHub - krmorse/FeaturesByIterationByTeam 

It's a simple program board that has filtering and the ability to pick what fields show up on the Feature cards.