Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  How to set up a Kanban Board that displays all User Stories that have a task assigned to me?

Posted Mar 13, 2018 06:54 AM

I want to have an App that is a Kanban Board that displays all User Stories that have a task assigned to me. 

How do I do that?

• 2.  Re: How to set up a Kanban Board that displays all User Stories that have a task assigned to me?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2018 07:43 AM

Hi,

I don't believe its possible to filter the Kanban Board by Task Owner. The closest option that comes to mind would be to use a Custom Board app. On the setting you could select Tasks as the Type, State for the Columns, and Work Product for the Swimlane. After you save you could filter them by Owner so that just your tasks will appear. 

• 3.  Re: How to set up a Kanban Board that displays all User Stories that have a task assigned to me?

Posted Mar 13, 2018 12:02 PM

Just a thought, but what about using the My Tasks app and then adding the User Story to the list?  It's not a Kanban Board, but at least you would get the data you needed

• 4.  Re: How to set up a Kanban Board that displays all User Stories that have a task assigned to me?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 13, 2018 04:17 PM

I think you can do it!  Give this a try...

And the Kanban app to the page of your choice.

Go to app settings and paste the query: (Tasks.Owner.Name contains "nonamesleft") 

or alternatively you can use this one: (Tasks.Owner = "nonameleft@noname.com")

It also works with the Portfolio Kanban Board app if you modify the query:

(UserStories.Tasks.Owner.Name contains "nonamesleft") 

(UserStories.Tasks.Owner = "nonameleft@noname.com")

:-)

• 5.  Re: How to set up a Kanban Board that displays all User Stories that have a task assigned to me?

Posted Mar 15, 2018 03:44 AM

Worked like a charm  Thank you!