Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Failed Test Case and Linked Defect

Posted Feb 06, 2018 10:14 PM

I am trying to get defects data for the failed test cases using the excel rally plug in. How do i get the Test Case and the linked defects. These are the columns that i am trying to provide but the Defects.FormattedID always comes up as blank. Appreciate if someone could help.

FormattedID,Name,Tags,TestPhase,Priority,LastVerdict,LastRun,Defects.FormattedID

• 2.  Re: Failed Test Case and Linked Defect

Posted Feb 07, 2018 11:36 AM

replace Defects.FormattedID with WorkProduct.FormattedID  :-)

• 3.  Re: Failed Test Case and Linked Defect

Posted Feb 07, 2018 01:33 PM

OR ------- How about coming at it from a different angle?   

Query: Defect Test Fails
    Type: Defect

Order: Creation Date

Columns: FormattedID,Name,TestCaseStatus,Requirement.FormattedID,TestCaseResult,TestCase.WorkProduct.FormattedID,TestCase.LastVerdict,TestCase.FormattedID,TestCase.Name,TestCase.Tags,TestCase.c_TestPhase,TestCase.Priority

Filter: (TestCase.LastVerdict = "Fail")

The original angle was from the Test Case side of life:

Query: Failed Test Cases
    Type: Test Case

Order: Creation Date

Columns: FormattedID,Name,Tags,c_TestPhase,Priority,LastVerdict,LastRun,WorkProduct.FormattedID,WorkProduct.Name,WorkProduct.Tags,WorkProduct.Priority

Filter: (LastVerdict = "Fail")

• 4.  Re: Failed Test Case and Linked Defect

Posted Feb 07, 2018 05:01 PM

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I gave the WorkProduct.FormattedID in my query as suggested, but i am getting the User Story instead. I have the defect view that provides the linked test case FormattedID. I think i should pull the test case last verdict with my defect view as suggested. Eventually i am trying to see failed test case and the linked defects. Sometimes people tend to forget to pass the test case even if the defects are closed.