Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  View all sub tasks for one person for all stories under one parent story

Posted Sep 01, 2017 05:44 AM

Hi. We are using the parent story functionality to set up our epics. Within each child story a particular team member will have their relevant tasks, and there could be lots of child user stories. Is there a way to show all the sub tasks for each person for that 'epic' either as a basic or customised report?

Thanks. 

• 2.  Re: View all sub tasks for one person for all stories under one parent story

Posted Sep 01, 2017 10:51 AM

Can you share a screen shot showing an example of how that looks? 

• 3.  Re: View all sub tasks for one person for all stories under one parent story

Posted Sep 01, 2017 11:08 AM

Rally subtasks

Here you go. We are interested in the TA ids for all the stories within the parent story.

• 4.  Re: View all sub tasks for one person for all stories under one parent story
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 01, 2017 12:32 PM

Will this work?  Pardon my scrubs  If so, i'll write out the steps.

Modified Custom App "My Tasks" Print Example

• 5.  Re: View all sub tasks for one person for all stories under one parent story

Posted Sep 03, 2017 03:10 PM

Hi. I think that could be useful, so yes seeing the list of steps would be great, thank you. The key bit will be filtering the list of tasks to a particular team member.

• 6.  Re: View all sub tasks for one person for all stories under one parent story

Posted Sep 05, 2017 01:18 PM
    1. Create a New Custom Page
    2. Open New Custom Page
    3. Select Layout
    4. Start Adding Apps
    5. Scroll down to ' PERSONAL WORK ' section
    6. Select ' MY TASKS '
    7. Click Settings
    8. Change ' TYPE ' to Initiative (Epic)
    9. Remove the Query code
    10. Save
    11. Add Columns and Filters (Filter by owner) and add columns specific only to Tasks, Features, Epics if you want that data in the report.
    12. Click Print on the Export button (rectangle with right arrow)
    13. Choose Summary list of items with children