Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to filter by an accepted Release

Posted Jun 07, 2017 01:10 PM

In the Portfolio-->Portfolio Items and Kanban Board app, I am unable to set the Release filter to a past release that has been accepted.  The values in the Release filter dropdown contain only release that are in Planning or are Active.

Is there any to allow Accepted Releases to appear in the Release filter dropdowns for these pages?  A workaround I found is to set the Release state to either Active or Planning, but I don't know if that causes other problems.

I would like to be able to have this functionality so that I can view stories or portfolio items that were in previous releases.

Any ideas or others having this problem?

• 2.  Re: Unable to filter by an accepted Release

Posted Jun 08, 2017 07:41 AM

Evan, I've fought with this problem frequently and there's not really a good solution except to change the status of the Release back to Planning or Active. I've not yet grown frustrated enough by this to create an idea in Idea Manager but I'd certainly support one! The logic of controlling the list of Iterations and Releases by state in places like the work item detail pages is great so that users don't have to scroll endlessly looking for a current or near-future timebox but when it comes to timebox-filtered pages there should be no such restriction.

Wish I had a better workaround for you but I hope that helps. If you do create an Idea Manager submission then please post it here so that the community can vote it up. Thanks.

• 3.  Re: Unable to filter by an accepted Release

Posted Jun 08, 2017 11:11 AM

Thanks Eric.  I may move forward with the workaround of setting the release to Active.  Does anybody know of any other impacts when the release has that status, beyond being able to filter in certain screens?

In our programs, it's common for product managers and owners to look at items completed in previous releases.  They do this both for reporting purposes as well as being able to quickly reference features and stories that are relevant to upcoming work.