CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  REST ticket properties

Posted Sep 11, 2019 01:06 PM
    Trying to update some API's we have in house. A lot of the newer software we have does not really support SOAP and the other teams would like to use REST to generate tickets. We use the Properties tab extensively, but I can't find an example of those being used in REST.

To be honest the current SOAP calls have been in place for longer than I've been working with Service Desk. I've gotten by with modifying the in place code. Most of the interation I've done is through IT Process Automation.

I've read the REST doc, but I'm unsure what BREL, QREL, and BLREL are as in if the Properties tab is part of that.
    REST HTTP Methods
    Ca remove preview
    REST HTTP Methods
    The REST API supports the following HTTP methods to manipulate resources: POST (CREATE) creates a resource. GET (READ) returns a representation of a resource. PUT (UPDATE) updates an existing resource. DELETE deletes the resource. Refer to this basic set of methods as CRUD. Each method works in the same manner on all CA SDM resources.
    View this on Ca >

REST is enabled on the system. A previous coworker got a basic ticket creation to work for a project that needed it, nothing with any of the tabs in the ticket though. They are no longer with the company however.

Can REST interact with any part of the ticket?
    If so, where are some examples to get me started?
    Is there any sort of library I can import into node.js?

• 2.  RE: REST ticket properties
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 11, 2019 01:50 PM
    Joe........

I am no Web Services expert by any means, but see if the following KB articles point you in the right direction:

https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=7695

https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=43977

------------------------------
    Paul Coccimiglio
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom Inc.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: REST ticket properties

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2019 01:38 AM

Hi Joe,

In addition to the links that Paul gave, I take it that you found the BREL (LREL) notes and example on the same page you quoted from?

It looks like it should be possible, the way that I read it.

ITSM 17.2 - Working with BRELS

ITSM 17.2 - Example Update BREL Record

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 4.  RE: REST ticket properties

Posted Sep 13, 2019 04:48 PM
    Unfortunately we have automation kick off for every ticket created, and these usually involve reading values from the Properties. Doing an update directly after ticket creation will put the IT Process Automation and the REST call in a ticket locking situation, as well as break the automation when it goes to read Properties that have yet to be set.