CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Is it possible to manually trigger Auto Close for Request/Incident/Problem tickets

Posted Mar 25, 2020 04:40 AM
    Edited by Ruben Co Mar 27, 2020 04:54 AM
    Is there a way to manually trigger Auto Close for Request/Incident/Problem tickets?

Currently investigate a handful of tickets wherein we see Auto Close in the logs but the tickets were never Closed.
    We have created a few copy of the affected tickets and Auto Close successfully triggered, compared them on the DB level as well.
    Unfortunately, we no longer have the logs for these tickets to check for clues.

So we were wondering if we can trigger Auto Close manually to generate a new log and possible a clue on what the issue is.

• 2.  RE: Is it possible to manually trigger Auto Close for Request/Incident/Problem tickets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 25, 2020 06:04 AM
    Hi Ruben,

By design, when Auto-Close is defined it is triggered when the ticket is set to Resolved state.

Can you give us more detailed information, i.e. what are the business requirements and/or logic in wanting to trigger Auto-Close manually?

------------------------------
    Kind Regards,
    Brian

• 3.  RE: Is it possible to manually trigger Auto Close for Request/Incident/Problem tickets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 26, 2020 11:01 PM

Agreed.

We need to know what is expected, otherwise, why not just manually set the Status to "Resolved" or to "Closed?" 

Kyle_R.

• 4.  RE: Is it possible to manually trigger Auto Close for Request/Incident/Problem tickets

Posted Mar 27, 2020 04:56 AM
    Not sure why but the details were gone when I saved this discussion. I have updated and added the details.

• 5.  RE: Is it possible to manually trigger Auto Close for Request/Incident/Problem tickets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 27, 2020 08:44 AM
    Ruben.........

Auto close creates events that are set to trigger based on the auto close settings.

These events are stored in the ANIMATOR table.

As far as I know, there is no way to manually kick off the auto close events.

We would need to investigate in the first place why certain tickets are not being auto closed and for that we would need to take a look at the STDLOGs when the issue occurs.

Paul Coccimiglio
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom Inc.

• 6.  RE: Is it possible to manually trigger Auto Close for Request/Incident/Problem tickets
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 27, 2020 09:23 AM
      |   view attached
    For the tickets where auto close did not take place, check if the resolved date field is populated or not. Obviously this talks to how those tickets were resolved in the first place.

I uploaded an old document, that is still very much relevant to help troubleshoot....

Kind Regards,
    Brian