CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Enable Email Notifications To Group Members On Transfer (But Only For 1 Specific Group) - SDM 12.9

Posted Jul 11, 2019 12:54 AM
    ​Hello,

We are using CA Service Desk Manager 12.9. I have just one resolver group that wants email notifications to each member, when a ticket is transferred.

I know if I modify Default Transfer Notification Rule for request/incident/problem > 1. Object Contacts, and add Group, when tickets are transferred all group members that have Notify=Yes will receive an email.

However because its only 1 resolver group that wants this enabled, if I go through each group and set Notify=No on each member, it will prevent them from receiving a manual notification that has been sent to the group.

Any ideas on achieving the requirement, without breaking the option to send a manual notify to the group?

Thanks
    Stuart

• 2.  RE: Enable Email Notifications To Group Members On Transfer (But Only For 1 Specific Group) - SDM 12.9
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2019 09:02 AM
    Hi Stuart,

For this sort of think, you would need to create a Notification Rule that has a condition macro that checks for the specific group that you want to notify and associate it with the Transfer Activity Notification. If the condition is true it will send the notification. Otherwise (false), it won't send the notification.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/17-2/en/administering/configure-ca-service-desk-manager/how-to-configure-notifications/create-a-notification-rule

------------------------------
    ===
    Kind Regards,
    Brian
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Enable Email Notifications To Group Members On Transfer (But Only For 1 Specific Group) - SDM 12.9

Posted Jul 11, 2019 04:45 PM
    Thanks Brian !​

• 4.  RE: Enable Email Notifications To Group Members On Transfer (But Only For 1 Specific Group) - SDM 12.9

Posted Jul 12, 2019 12:00 AM
    Edited by STUART MATTHEWS Jul 12, 2019 12:07 AM
      |   view attached
    I've got the notification working as desired, one small issue the "Group Previous" on the macro is always ignored. For example the group name in my scenario is "Office 365 Pilot", they shouldn't :) but if someone was to transfer the ticket from "Office 365 Pilot" to "Office 365 Pilot" the notification is still sent.

I've unsuccessfully tried:

• "Group" Does not Equal "Group Previous"
    • "Group Previous" Does not Equal "Group"
    • "Group Previous" Does not Equal "Office 365 Pilot"
    I've also checked that group_prev does exist within the ntfl table.

Any ideas? (screenshot attached)

Thanks
    Stuart

if (( !is_null(getval_by_name("group")) && getval_by_name("group") == (uuid) "CEBAC9469D9F2C4E86CDA8334AE5F8C5" ) && ( is_null(getval_by_name("group_prev")) || is_null(getval_by_name("group")) || getval_by_name("group") != getval_by_name("group_prev") ) && ( is_null(getval_by_name("assignee")) ))
    set_return_data(TRUE);
    else
    set_return_data(FALSE);