CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Powershell Modules in Process Automation tool

Posted Sep 22, 2021 07:04 PM
    Hello,

I am having an issue with an Import-Module failing to locate a powershell module while inside of a powershell script running on a PAM (CA process automation) operator. I ran a "$env:PSModulePath" from within that operator and it lists several locations where I am certain the module is, I have the module "Import-Module -Name ExchangeOnlineManagement" installed on the system and the module is visible in the file explorer at several of the listed locations. I can locate and use this module from the Powershell ISE on the server directly, but PAM cant seem to find it. 

Does anyone know if there is a way to find exactly where PAM looks for its powershell modules?

• 2.  RE: Powershell Modules in Process Automation tool

Posted Sep 23, 2021 02:56 PM

Greetings!

This is a method that I have been able to successfully use.
    On the Execution Settings for the Script Operator I have the target set to the file server that is configured in my default environment. From there I saved my module files in folder on the server that we have configured.

When in production we run the that value in a Variable populated from a dataset. If you do that you'll need to check the "Target is a calculated expression" box.

Hope this helps!

------------------------------
    Nicholas Kozell | Automation Developer
    Oregon Health Authority
    United States
    ------------------------------