CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Dashboard Builder Error - user doesn't own requested dashboard

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 11, 2020 07:08 AM

Hi all 

I have an issue where the DashBoard Builder is throwing the following errors:

"Error updating dashboard layout: Access denied - No permission to dashboard."

2020/02/21 11.37.28.337 INFO  [http-nio-8080-exec-4] [CPortal] Could not find requested dashboard or user doesn't own requested dashboard

I have verified that the dashboard does exist, I had a look at the ACL settings for the folders/dashboards and the "Service Delivery Administrator" do have (Read, Modify, Create, Delete" rights, not sure what is causing this.

Do think it is something to do with the second part of the error "user doesn't own requested dashboard".

Has anyone seen such errors and how does one resolve this? 

Regards,
    Kaveek

• 2.  RE: Dashboard Builder Error - user doesn't own requested dashboard

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2020 09:22 AM

Hi All 

Also, does anyone know how to delete the dashboard's which we cannot update through the UI due to unknown access issue?

Regards, 
    Kaveek 

• 3.  RE: Dashboard Builder Error - user doesn't own requested dashboard

Posted Sep 16, 2020 10:33 AM
    hello and Good Morning Kaveek,

Hope all is well!

Just wondering if you were able to resolve the issue... as I am encountering issues with the dashboards after upgrading SC to 17.3

Thanks and Stay Safe!

Best regards,
    ken

• 4.  RE: Dashboard Builder Error - user doesn't own requested dashboard

Posted Sep 16, 2020 02:38 PM
    hello Javeek,

not sure if you have resolved the issue.. i was encountering the same after upgrading to 17.3... but it is now resolved.. I can share what I found but not sure the resolution would be the same.

thanks.

br
    ken