CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Chat / Support Automation In SDM 12.9

Posted Jul 16, 2019 09:42 PM
    Edited by STUART MATTHEWS Jul 16, 2019 09:44 PM
    Hello,

We are using SDM 12.9. I've been asked about enabling chat.

The goal is to allow staff to contact the Service Desk via chat, and the conversation is saved to a new or existing ticket.

If possible I want to avoid having to install the Support Automation client tool. Is this possible? or would the functionality not work without it?

I don't have a requirement for any of the Support Automation client functionality (Automated task, file transfer, remote registry, remote control etc), just chat.

Any SDM 12.9 videos or documentation on the chat feature, or a high level description on how it works would be great.

Thanks
    Stuart​

• 2.  RE: Chat / Support Automation In SDM 12.9

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 17, 2019 07:19 AM
    Hi Stuart,

I don't think you can use the chat feature on SDM r12.9 without installing Support Automation.

For documentation, please see below URL:

r12.9 Documentation (Support Automation)

------------------------------
    ===
    Kind Regards,
    Brian
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Chat / Support Automation In SDM 12.9
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 17, 2019 09:20 AM
    Stuart,

You will need to deploy Support Automation, as the chat tools are running on that platform, but you can enable the "Webchat" feature, which will run the end user session in a browser instead of them having to run the full exe. There's a few more details on the webchat feature here:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/using/support-automation/administering-support-automation

Look for system.use.WebChat

(note, the documentation link is for 14.1, but the feature hasn't changed)

It should also be noted that if you decide to upgrade to 17.2, the new Service Point feature has a built in chat functionality that doesn't require Support Automation at all.