CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Configuration Automation - SDM Integration

Posted Jun 30, 2020 04:11 PM
    Hello,

I'm not really sure if this case goes to Service Desk or CCA. I have an integration between CCA 12.8 SP06 and 17.1 SDM.

I have a job to import servers from cca to CMDB of SDM. There was a lot of information on the CMDB that was manually loaded and we wanted to clean the CI's to import fresh data from CCA.

We did a pdm_extract data from ci_owned_resource and busmgt, then a pdm_load with -r. I made the import from CCA but it says that a lot of CI's are skipped as if they were still on the CMDB.

What could be wrong here?

Regards.

• 2.  RE: Configuration Automation - SDM Integration

Posted Jul 01, 2020 03:17 AM
    Hi Jason

Make sure you have deleted reference records from below table also and them try to import again

ca_logical_asset_***
    ca_asset_**

• 3.  RE: Configuration Automation - SDM Integration

Posted Jul 01, 2020 09:47 AM
    Hello Asim,

Thanks for your reply, i tried to do a pdm_load -r to those tables after a pdm_extract but it says that they were skipped because they read only tables.

Regards.

• 4.  RE: Configuration Automation - SDM Integration

Posted Jul 02, 2020 02:52 AM
    Just to sound a note of caution, removing CI records and using pdm_load for CMDB data is not usually recommended.  It's always preferable to deactivate records.  However, inactive records are still matched.  If you want to clean up in bulk, my approach would be to use GRLoader, along these lines:
    1. Back up the MDB database before running the update at the final step below.
    2. Extract the UUID and reconciliation fields (name, serial number, asset tag, system name, DNS name and MAC address) for the CIs that you wish to deactivate, from ca_owned_resource, into a text file.
    3. Create a spreadsheet from the text file, with the UUID column first, labelled 'id', and the other columns labelled with their correct field names (name, serial_number, asset_num, etc).  Add column 'status' and set the whole column to the value for 'inactive'.
    4. In the spreadsheet, change the name, serial number, asset tag, system name and DNS name to 'XXX' plus their original text if they are non-empty, and clear the MAC address.
    5. Use GRLoader to import the spreadsheet, with 'update only' flagged, in 'simulate' mode.  Review the output and adjust as needed.
    6. When you are satisified with the output from the simulate, run GRLoader again in live mode.  That should deactivate your original records and update their identifying fields so that they will not match any subsequent import.

Regards,
    James

------------------------------
    Consultant
    IDC Technologies
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: Configuration Automation - SDM Integration

Posted Jul 07, 2020 12:28 PM
    Hello James,

Thanks for your response.

I was following the steps you suggested but on the extraction from ca_owned_resource i couldn't find asset tag and system name.

Regards.