CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

KnowledgeTools Report Card

• 1.  KnowledgeTools Report Card

Posted Apr 21, 2020 06:56 AM
    HI,

I'm trying to configure the Report Cart of KT, but when I access to this option always I get the following message: " Please run Report Card Calculation "

I configurated the "Automated Policies" and "Kwonledge Repord Card" some days ago,

What could be the problem?. Am I missing something to configure?

Regards.

• 2.  RE: KnowledgeTools Report Card
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 22, 2020 07:31 AM
    Edited by Christopher Hackett Jun 01, 2020 06:33 PM
    Hi Andres,

I had not yet configured this in my 17.2.0.6 test environment. I confirmed that I received "Please run Report Card Calculation" when I clicked on View and then selected Knowledge Report Card, under Knowledge tab. 

I then configured it and set the initial calculation date and time to just 1 minute after the current time.  Afterwards, I again viewed the Knowledge Report Card and I received the expected results, as shown here:

knowledge report card results

Had you checked the logs in your environment for any errors?

Regards,
    Karen

------------------------------
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: KnowledgeTools Report Card

Posted Apr 22, 2020 07:38 AM
    HI,
    I see. but then I don't understand why not can see mine. I found logs into stdlog than CA SDM was calculated the card report but I have this message always.
    Regards.

• 4.  RE: KnowledgeTools Report Card

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 22, 2020 07:50 AM

Hi Andres,

Are you running 17.2?  Do you have a customized file named "op_kt_admin.cfg" present under $NX_ROOT\site\mods\www ?  If so, perhaps check the KT_SAVE_REPORT_CARD statement; out of the box, it should be "KT_SAVE_REPORT_CARD kt_admin_main MODIFY".  

Regards,

Karen

Broadcom

• 5.  RE: KnowledgeTools Report Card

Posted Apr 22, 2020 07:57 AM
    HI,

I'm running  17.1.03 .
    I haven't op_kt_admin.cfg file in $NX_ROOT\site\mods\www .

• 6.  RE: KnowledgeTools Report Card

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 22, 2020 09:03 AM

Does it occur in all environments, production as well as test? 

I see that there is a fix in this area, although description does not match, but if you raise a case, you may want to run tests with that fix applied, so environment should be at least 17.0.1.7 ( see DE51374 on this page: https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/17-1/Release-Notes/CA-Service-Management-17_1_0_7-Release-Notes/Fixed-Issues---17_1_0_7.html )

Regards,

Karen

Broadcom

• 7.  RE: KnowledgeTools Report Card

Posted Apr 22, 2020 09:47 AM
    Hi,

I think that defect is not my problem. I looking for in Option Manager and I found this:
    Do I need to have these options installed??

Regards.

• 8.  RE: KnowledgeTools Report Card

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 22, 2020 10:23 AM

Those options are not needed. I do not have them installed either.

Regards,

Karen

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    kt_report_card_issue_status

Allow issue statistics to be calculated and displayed in the Reuse section of the Knowledge Report Card. The validity of the where clause is not checked.

Example: status='CL'

kt_report_card_request_status

Allow request statistics to be calculated and displayed in the Reuse section of the Knowledge Report Card. The validity of the where clause is not checked.

Example: status='CL'

Broadcom

• 9.  RE: KnowledgeTools Report Card

Posted Jun 20, 2020 02:11 PM
    Hi Karen,
    If these options are not needed, could you pls clarify their usage? Also, I struggle to understand "Reuse" section of KRC. Is it the one where your document is shown in the screenshot you attached?

Thank you for your clarification,
    Balaji.

• 10.  RE: KnowledgeTools Report Card

Posted Jun 20, 2020 02:11 PM
    Reason for my question - we have a user who reported that Solution Counts are not refreshed in the "Reuse" section. In our environment, we do not have the kt_report_card_request_status option installed. I presume this is needed for the statistics (like Hits, Vote Count, Solution Count, SSCount, FAQ Rating) to be refreshed in the "Reuse" section?

Thanks once again,
    Balaji