CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA Service Management 17 on RHEV

Posted Jul 15, 2019 10:19 PM
    Hello,
    do you have the experience with CA Service Management 14.x/17.x applications on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) platform? 

Regards,
    Milan

• 2.  RE: CA Service Management 17 on RHEV

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 17, 2019 08:21 AM
    Edited by Brian Mathato Jul 17, 2019 08:22 AM
    Hi Milan,

You can post your questions here for the benefit of the community. Or you prefer for whoever has the experience on this to contact you directly?

------------------------------
    ===
    Kind Regards,
    Brian
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: CA Service Management 17 on RHEV
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 17, 2019 08:49 AM
    Hi Milan,

which elements of Service Management are you looking to run there? Only the SDM, USS and xFlow components are compatible with RHEL: 

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/17-2/en/ca-service-management-17-2-release-notes/supportability-matrix#SupportabilityMatrix-OperatingSystem

regards
    Iain

• 4.  RE: CA Service Management 17 on RHEV

Posted Jul 18, 2019 02:42 AM
    Hello Brian and Iain,
    thank you for your replies.
    Our customer uses VMware ESXi as a virtualization platform. On this platform are running Windows 2012 R2 where are installed CA Service Management 14.x applications. The customer is considering to replace this virtualization platform with Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV). I found an article called CA Support Statement for Virtualization. This article says that CA/Broadcom generally supports running applications on virtualization platforms but does not certificate particular platforms. I would like to know if somebody has real experience to run CA Service Management applications on the virtualization platform from Red Hat. I would like to know if there are some troubles or special requirements to successfully run CA Service Management applications on this virtualization platform.
    Regards,
    Milan