CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Additional Manual Notify

Posted Jun 07, 2021 03:34 PM

SDM Version 17.3.0.5

Hi Team,

I need a second manual notify.
    To implement this, I defined a new activity with the code ZBUE_MN.
    I defined a notification rule and a template. The new rule I assigned to the new activity.

I copied nf.htmpl and called it nf_zbue_mn.htmpl.
    In menubar_sd_l2_analyst.htmpl I added the ne notification activity liked the standard manual notify as follows:

<PDM_OBJECT>

if ("$env.NX_EDIT_INACTIVE" != "No" || (typeof main_frame.argActive != "undefined" && main_frame.argActive == "1"))

{

var nf_str = '+HTMPL=nf_zbue_mn.htmpl+ACTIVITY_LOG_TYPE=ZBUE_MN';

<PDM_MACRO name=menuItemLocal label="Bürger Benachrichtigung..." function="JavaScript: popupActivityWithURL('\" + query_str1 + \"ZBUE_MN+HTMPL=nf_zbue_mn.htmpl\" + \"')">

}

</PDM_OBJECT>

The new activity is shown in the Activity pull down for the incident datail and if I klick on it,
     the new nf_zbue_mn.htmpl is used, but the title and message text are not filled as defined in the template.

I do not know, what perhaps is missing. Can somebody help me.

------------------------------
    Senior Consultant
    MAXXYS AG

• 2.  RE: Additional Manual Notify

Posted Jun 08, 2021 02:19 AM
    Hi Bärbel.
    As far as I am aware, the manual notify activity is a very special functionality, which is implemented in various places in different layers of SDM.
    There are hardcoded comparisons of the activity log type "NF" in various places of the underlaying code.
    That said, whatever you need in an additional manual notify actvity, I suggest  to enhance the existing functionality, instead of trying to duplicate it.
    If you would be more specific in your requirements, I might be able to give more hints, how to adopt.
    Regards
    .....Michael

Principal Services Consultant
    HCL Enterprise Studio
    Germany

• 3.  RE: Additional Manual Notify

Posted Jun 08, 2021 02:59 AM

Hallo Michael,

depending on the contact type of the incident's customer different texts and titles in the mail send out are needed.
    For automatic notifications I defined a condition macro that checks the special contact type and added the condition macro to the new rules with new templates, that works fine.
    My idea was to use the same technique for the manual notify, and use it in a new activity, just like the standard manual notify, unfortunately this does not work. I think the new rule and template are not used. The new nf_zbue_mn.htmpl is used, but title and text are not filled, as defined in the template.
    I have no idea how to check the contact type in the standard manual notify.

Regards
       Bärbel

Senior Consultant
    MAXXYS AG

• 4.  RE: Additional Manual Notify

Posted Jun 08, 2021 05:19 AM

Hello Michael,

I also defined a new notification method for a contact with the special contact type. In the manual notify this method has to be selected.
    Is it perhaps possible to check the method to fill in a different text.

Regards Bärbel

Senior Consultant
    MAXXYS AG

• 5.  RE: Additional Manual Notify

Posted Jun 09, 2021 05:15 AM
    Hello Bärbel.
    You should be able to pass any kind of information to the nf.htmpl by using KEEP variables, and control the behaviour inside nf.htmpl based on these KEEP vars.
    Anyway, your biggest challenge might be, that you might want to use a different notification template.  And of course, let the system somehow expand the $args values in it...
    Right now, I think, you might need a new web operation, which is able to do that.
    But there might be different approaches....
    Regards
    ...Michael

Principal Services Consultant
    HCL Enterprise Studio
    Germany

• 6.  RE: Additional Manual Notify

Posted Jun 10, 2021 07:39 AM
    Hello Michael,

I've a kind of workaround. If the customer of a ticket has the special contactype, I delete the message text and show only the first line, the salutation with the customer's name.
    Text modules are used to fill the message body.
    Thanks a lot for your suggestion to solve the problem more comfortable, but this will take more time than available at the moment.

Regards
       Baerbel

Senior Consultant
    MAXXYS AG