CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA PAM 4.3 SP5 compatible with CA Service Management 17.2

Posted Jul 23, 2020 04:09 PM
    Hello team,
    We would like to know if in the near future it is planned to have CA PAM 4.3 SP5 compatible with CA Service Management 17.2.x

Regards,
    Robin M.

• 2.  RE: CA PAM 4.3 SP5 compatible with CA Service Management 17.2

Posted Jul 26, 2020 12:12 AM
    Hi Robin,
    Are you asking about a particular service pack (SP5), rather than about CA PAM 4.3 in general?  CA used to include a note in compatibility matrix documents to the effect that individual service packs make no difference to compatibility. In other words if a product is compatible at sp4 it will also be compatible at sp5, and so on.  Is there some specific use case you are concerned about?
    Regards,
    James

• 3.  RE: CA PAM 4.3 SP5 compatible with CA Service Management 17.2

Posted Jul 27, 2020 10:01 AM
    Hi James, 
    Thanks for your comments.

Last released version of CA PAM is 4.3 SP5 and is compatible with CA Service Management 17.3. 
    On the other hand, at CA Service Management 17.2 supportability matrix, this CA PAM is not listed yet.

A use case I'm concerned about, it is to upgrade CA PAM 4.2.2 to 4.3 SP5 for a customer that currently have CA Service Management 17.2.
    Since CA PAM 4.3 SP5 is not certified for 17.2, CA Support Team won't support the environment (in case the integration fails or something get broken up).

That's why, We like to know if in the near future (couple of months) it is planned to have CA PAM 4.3 SP5 compatible with CA Service Management 17.2 ?

Regars,
    Robin M.

• 4.  RE: CA PAM 4.3 SP5 compatible with CA Service Management 17.2
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 27, 2020 10:30 PM
    Hi Robin,

I'd suggest raising a Support ticket on that one.?? The integration must
    be via the PAM and CASM web services - which are unlikely to have
    changed significantly between PAM 4.2.x and PAM 4.3.x, or between CASM
    17.2.x and 17.3.x - but I completely understand your caution.

Regards,

James

--
    This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
    https://www.avg.com