CA Service Management

View Only

Service Catalog - Apply javascript functions when editing data records from a table in a catalog form.

• 1.  Service Catalog - Apply javascript functions when editing data records from a table in a catalog form.

Posted Mar 31, 2020 02:56 AM
    Edited by Stefan van der Weck Mar 31, 2020 02:57 AM
    Apply javascript functions when editing data records from a table in a catalog form.

Starting position:
    We have a list of records in a table. The data records have all been inserted into the table and selected using ca_fdAddTabelRow ().

Problem:
    The user would now like to edit, change and save one of these data records / rows in the table.
    When changing the data record, the onChange method should check whether the entered (changed) value is available in the database.
    Unfortunately there is no way to pass the value of the field, or I don't know it. (_val only works with the onValidate method)
    Furthermore, I have absolutely no way of determining which data record is currently being processed, so I cannot even check the values ​​of the current data record at runtime.
    Only all selected data records (ca_fdSelectedTabelRows ()) can be read out, which does not help me, since all inserted data records are selected.
    Something is missing here to work properly with the values ​​/ rows of a table.

Effect:
    Unfortunately, the input / change of the user cannot be checked in this way, and so there are often aborts when creating change tickets in the SDM and creating CI in the CMDB.

Does anyone know how to pass the current value to a javascript function using the onChange method and is there a way to determine the currently processed data record / row in a table?

------------------------------
    Thanks and Regards,
    Stefan van der Weck
    Projekt Manager
    CCA Systemberatung
    ------------------------------