CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to change the status of ticket via email

• 1.  How to change the status of ticket via email

Posted Jan 20, 2020 10:41 PM
    Hi all,
    I have to configure the CA SDM (my SDM version is 17.2) that it can change the status of ticket via email.

For my case is: When the ticket is Request type, it requires some roles to approve that request (now, from my configuration, user can click Approve from my CA SDM web page).
    I want to know that, is it possible or not to send the email to the related user (who can approve that ticket => about sending the email, I configured  and it already worked) and that user can do something for example, having the Approve button, or Approve link, that can approve that ticket via email. What I want to say shortly is user can approve/change the status of the ticket by no need to open the CA SDM web page via email ?

For my current idea is using email template but I don't know how to attach the changing status link/button in the message template.

Could you please help me to solve this ?

Best regards,
    Sila

• 2.  RE: How to change the status of ticket via email

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 21, 2020 03:55 AM
    Hi Sila,

Yes, you can update the status of the ticket via email. Please refer to the below documentation:

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/17-2/administering/configure-ca-service-desk-manager/how-to-configure-the-mailbox-to-handle-inbound-emails/how-to-configure-email-replies.html

------------------------------
    Kind Regards,
    Brian

• 3.  RE: How to change the status of ticket via email

Posted Jan 22, 2020 04:37 AM
    Dear Brian,
    Sorry but I did not see the topic that talk about Update the status of ticket in this link. Because if I configured Mailbox Rules's Action to "Update Object", this will put the message from email into the ticket as Log Comment (or did I forget to configure something else ?).

Best Regards,
    Sila

• 4.  RE: How to change the status of ticket via email

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2020 05:28 AM
    See this KB article as well...

https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=13415

Mimic that to update the to whatever status you want...

Kind Regards,
    Brian

• 5.  RE: How to change the status of ticket via email

Posted Jan 23, 2020 05:15 AM
    Edited by Support Team ENTIIS TH Jan 23, 2020 05:21 AM
    Dear Brian,
    Thank for your link, this almost solve my problem, however I found another problem.

Because not only changing the Status to Approved, but also assign the Group to the another team.
    Now the changing status from "Open" to "Approved" is working for me.
    But the Group assigning is not working. So I have checked in stdlog and found: fetch_dob_list last_name (xxxxx) in factory (grp) not found. (as you can see in the figure below): Let say that I want to assign the Request to "JoJo" Group,

This is my Mailbox Rule configuration:

So now if I send the email with the body contain:

%Request=116%

%GROUP=JoJo

%STATUS=Approved

my ticket ID 116 status changed to Approved, but there is nothing in Group field.

Could you please help me to check this ?

Best regards,
    Sila

• 6.  RE: How to change the status of ticket via email
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2020 05:24 AM
    The issue with the group is most likely that the user you are sending the email with is an Employee role. By design, the Employee role cannot search for other contacts\groups. This is due to an OOTB Data-Partition that restricts the Employee role from searching for other contacts. So a workaround would be to remove the OOTB Data-Partition constraint on the role. That should address your issue...

Kind Regards,
    Brian

• 7.  RE: How to change the status of ticket via email

Posted Jan 26, 2020 11:51 PM
    Edited by Support Team ENTIIS TH Jan 27, 2020 04:26 AM

Dear Brian,
    Thank for your recommendation, now it works well (Manager can approve or reject the ticket via email).

But I am not sure that do you also know how to configure Log Notification ?

Because from my configuration above, I have to do one more thing that is notify Affected End User to know via email when the log has been commented.
    So I have used the Activity Notifications: "Log Comment".
    However after using the solution above (I have configured that Manager will have the rights to Approved or Rejected ticket) the log also commented and it sent 2 emails to Affected End User when Manager approved or rejected the ticket, as you can see in the figures below:

Email 1:

Email 2:

SSo according to the emails above, I have checked in CA SDM log and found that first email is created by Manager as you can see in the figure below.

My question is do you know how to configure this Notification to not notify Affected End User when the log has been commented by Manager ? (I Just only notify them when the ticket is updated by Service Desk or status only)
    Or for this case is, you can say that, I just want CA SDM to send only 1 email to Affected End User when the ticket is Approved or Rejected not 2 emails like this.

Best regards,
    Sila

• 8.  RE: How to change the status of ticket via email

Posted Jan 27, 2020 11:02 AM
    Sila,

The reason for the 2 emails is because the maileater creates 2 Log Comment activity entries when it updates the ticket.  Please see the article.

MAILEATER LOGGING DUPLICATE COMMENTS

To resolve this you need to follow the customization instructions in the link provided in the article.  This link is to the old CA site and so may not be active.  The old article number is:  kb000021898 and the old TECDOC number is:  TEC556417.

Someone here may have an updated link.  I did not find it in the new TECDOC site but I think that is still a work in progress.

J.W.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - TAoBB:AtED

• 9.  RE: How to change the status of ticket via email

Posted Jan 28, 2020 03:14 AM

Dear J.W.,

I have opened the ticket to Support Broadcom and they gave me this:
    1. Mail Eater logging duplicate comments:
    https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=117592

2.How to prevent email notification for "Created Via activity"
    https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=21898

I will test it soon.

Best regards,
    Sila.

• 10.  RE: How to change the status of ticket via email

Posted Jan 29, 2020 05:20 AM
    J.W.,

I think the log description is not my expectation. Because it take the whole message from Manager who reply the email to Approve or Reject the ticket.

Because now for the approved status I want CA SDM send the email to Affected End User and ServiceDesk Group.
    rejected status is sending the email to Affected End User, for these requirements , I have solved it by using "Update Status" Activity Notification and Notification Rule + Macro condition.

However from the configuration of sending the email when the log comment (Manager have approved or rejected the ticket via email) now my CA SDM send 2 emails. First is from log commenting, second is from the "Update Status" Activity Notification, as you can see in the figures below:

1. Email from log comment

2.Email from "Update Status" Activity Notification.

So my question is, is it possible or not to send the email to Affected End User only "Update Status" Activity Notification for this case. But I still want the log comment email because if the Analyst(Service Desk) Group has commented the log, then Affected End User still got the email notifications.
    Or you can say that if the log is commented by Manager Group, then CA SDM don't send the email to Affected End User (As you can see in the first figure that when the ticket is Approved or Rejected, the Log Comment will be created by Manager Group).

Best regards,
    Sila

• 11.  RE: How to change the status of ticket via email

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 29, 2020 05:28 AM
    Hi Sila,

You will need to look at and play with Notification Rules. The trick will lie on getting the condition of the Notification Rule right for the notification to fire or not fire.

Kind Regards,
    Brian

• 12.  RE: How to change the status of ticket via email

Posted Jan 29, 2020 11:23 PM
    Edited by Support Team ENTIIS TH Jan 30, 2020 02:18 AM
    Dear Brian,
    I want to do something like that but I have no idea about how to set my Log Comment condition to have one of the following:
    - "Last Updated By Contact Type != Manager"
    - Last Update By who is not Primary Contact of Location of that Affected End User

as you can see in the figure above, I have tried with these conditions but the result is still the same (send 2 emails to Affected End User when Manager approved or reject the ticket). I think the reason is because Sequence 20 means it check for Affected Contact Type (not Ticket is commented by Contact Type = Manager).

Would you please help me suggest any ideas ?

Best regards,
    Sila

• 13.  RE: How to change the status of ticket via email

Posted Jan 30, 2020 11:57 AM
    The type attribute to which your condition is referring is from the Request/Incident/Problem (cr) object and will have a value of "R", "I", or "P".

Lindsay Estabrooks
    Principal Consultant
    IT-EDU Consultants