CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  how to reset the counter id of ca service catalog

Posted Jan 15, 2020 06:42 PM
      |   view attached
    good afternoon.

Dear community, could you tell me if it is possible to reset the counter id of ca service catalog

• 2.  RE: how to reset the counter id of ca service catalog
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2020 06:22 AM
    There are a lot of IDs used in Service Catalog, but for this I take it you're referring to the Request ID.

I would strongly recommend against ever decreasing it - unless you're exceptionally thorough with deleting all trace of old data from the MDB, you can end up with the remnants of old requests attached to the new ones that share their ID.

However, what you can do is -increase- the ID to a nice round value that's higher than before. With the Service Management services shut down, you can get the latest request ID from the usm_lastid table of the database:

SELECT * from usm_lastid where name = 'request_id'

The next request will have an ID one large than that. So (again, everything shut down so we don't have any cache issues or new requests) check the current value, set it to something larger, bring the system back up and you'll have a nice new round number for the users. After all, out of the box it starts at 10001, rather than just 1.

regards
    Iain