CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Relate survey to a ticket

Posted Jan 27, 2022 12:42 PM
    Hey guys,

I saw that the surveys are not related to any tickets.
    I need to relate the survey to the ticket that generated it. Does anyone know if it is possible on SDM?

Regards.

• 2.  RE: Relate survey to a ticket

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 28, 2022 04:57 AM
    Hi John,

You can send surveys related to the ticket using Activity Notifications.
    For instance in Activity Notification for CL (Close status) you can add a Survey into it.

Cmpts,

Paulo Pedrosa

Mobile: + 351 93 24 23 146

pauloalexan.pedrosa@broadcom.com

This electronic communication and the information and any files transmitted with it, or attached to it, are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, legally privileged, protected by privacy laws, or otherwise restricted from disclosure to anyone else. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, copying, distributing, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please return the e-mail to the sender, delete it from your computer, and destroy any printed copy of it.

• 3.  RE: Relate survey to a ticket

Posted Jan 28, 2022 05:47 AM
    Hi @Paulo Pedrosa,

Thanks for the help, but I need to relate a survey to the ticket in reports for example. Searches (in database) seem unrelated to each ticket.
    It's possible?

• 4.  RE: Relate survey to a ticket
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 29, 2022 10:13 AM
    Hi John,

In the Survey table there are two attributes:
    1. object_type - value is "cr" for Incidents, Problems, Requests; "chg" for Change Orders, "iss" for Issues
    2. object_id - the internal id for the ticket
    Assuming the tickets are Incident/Problems/Requests, you need to concatenate the object_type + ":" + object_id and link to the persid on the call_req table.

Cheers,
    Lindsay

------------------------------
    Lindsay Estabrooks
    Principal Consultant
    IT-EDU Consultants LLC
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: Relate survey to a ticket

Posted Jan 29, 2022 02:00 PM
    Hi @Lindsay Estabrooks,

Thanks for your response. It's really what I need. 
    Now I can create my survey reports based on the tickets and groups that resolved them.