CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  17.3 Url-File-Attachment with chrome*

Posted Jul 15, 2020 02:56 AM
    Hi all,
    with google chrome and/or edge chromium I attach a file-url to an issue-Ticket.
    It looks like this:
    H:\xxx\yyy\name.docx
    or
    file://H:/xxx/yyy/name.docx

Now clicking attachment-Url in IE docx is directly opened.

With chrome* I get 
    A window cannot be displayed. Your browser may be blocking pop-up windows.

How we have to write the file-attachment-url in SDM that browser opens word directly with the file named in the Attachment-url?

Writing file://H:/xxx/yyy/name.docx in the browsers url-field directly downloads the docx and it can be opened manually or autmatically with word.

Thanks and regards,
    Peter

------------------------------
    Senior Technical Consultant
    Fujitsu Services

• 2.  RE: 17.3 Url-File-Attachment with chrome*

Posted Jul 16, 2020 12:56 AM

Hi Peter,

You might be hitting a security restriction which blocks you from doing that and while the arguments for and against that are open for discussion, this is what I found after re-visiting the subject years after I have a vague memory of being hit by this myself: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2087894/can-google-chrome-open-local-links

Kind regards,
    Jussi

Ce message contient des informations confidentielles à l'intention exclusive du destinataire. Il ne peut être utilisé, divulgué ou copié de quelconque façon que ce soit par une personne autre que le destinataire désigné. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire désigné, merci de contacter l'expéditeur et d'effacer ce message. L'expéditeur de ce message n'est pas mandaté à représenter le Parlement européen. Dès lors, ce message ne constitue pas nécessairement le point de vue officiel du Parlement européen, ni un engagement juridique opposable à ce dernier.

This message contains confidential information intended solely for the attention of the named addressee. It may not be used, disclosed or copied in any way whatsoever by anyone else than the intended addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, please contact the sender and delete this message. The sender of this message is not authorized to represent the European Parliament and therefore this message does not necessarily reflect the official position of the European Parliament and is not legally binding upon it.

• 3.  RE: 17.3 Url-File-Attachment with chrome*

Posted Jul 16, 2020 01:37 AM
    Hi Jussi,
    many thanks for the link. I will discuss with customer.

But what I found was:
    Typing something like: file:///H:/Dokumentation/aaa/bbb/XXX.html directly in browser works
    BUT: Called from SDM Attachment URL it doesn't and we get:
    Witch means: A window cannot be displayed. Your browser may be blocking pop-up windows.

Why does it work in browser (Chrome, Edge chromium) directly but not when it is called from SDM?

Nevertheless, I have to discuss the security factor with the customer, although this should only be used on the intranet.

Many thanks and best regards,
    Peter

Senior Technical Consultant
    Fujitsu Services

• 4.  RE: 17.3 Url-File-Attachment with chrome*
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 16, 2020 02:13 AM

The difference is that from SDM you're clicking a link that points to a local file. A website crafted with malicious intent could be used to sniff information from your PC if access from websites to local files was allowed. This is why it is blocked and while we're at it, let's not even speculate why on earth MS decided that allowing that from non-chromium Edge and IE allowing is a good idea...

Kind regards,
    Jussi

Ce message contient des informations confidentielles à l'intention exclusive du destinataire. Il ne peut être utilisé, divulgué ou copié de quelconque façon que ce soit par une personne autre que le destinataire désigné. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire désigné, merci de contacter l'expéditeur et d'effacer ce message. L'expéditeur de ce message n'est pas mandaté à représenter le Parlement européen. Dès lors, ce message ne constitue pas nécessairement le point de vue officiel du Parlement européen, ni un engagement juridique opposable à ce dernier.

This message contains confidential information intended solely for the attention of the named addressee. It may not be used, disclosed or copied in any way whatsoever by anyone else than the intended addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, please contact the sender and delete this message. The sender of this message is not authorized to represent the European Parliament and therefore this message does not necessarily reflect the official position of the European Parliament and is not legally binding upon it.