CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Log Comment notification

Posted Mar 23, 2020 12:17 PM
    Hello,
    I am sorry for basic question (from your view) but I got stuck. I tried search via google and think about it bud I can not find solution.

I found out not set automatic notification for comments in our CA SDM v. 14.1 and I do not know how I can set it. Specifically the condition or Makro, rule. I know how create notification generally but with this specific configuration I do not know.
    When I tried create a new macro I used:

but I do not know about condition.
    May be I chose wrong way. Can you help me and push to right way, please?

Thank you a lot in advance for your ideas.
    LP

• 2.  RE: Log Comment notification

Posted Mar 24, 2020 04:35 AM
    Hi Lukas

If I understood your question correctly,

You enable auto notification via the 'Message Template', if however, you need to add a 'Site-Defined Condition'  ... Follow below steps

Go to --> Administration Tab --> Notifications --> Notification Rules
      Step 1 - Create New Notification Rule, add in your condition and in the 'Message Template' you tick the 'Auto Notification'
    Go to --> Administration Tab --> Activity Notifications
      Step 2 - Open your 'Log Comment' Activity Notification Detail, in TAB Notification Rules update your Notification Rules and add the new one created in 'Step 1'

Step 3 - Ensure TAB 4 in your New Notification Rule created in 'Step 1'  now displays the log comment you updated in 'Step 2'

Hope this helps
    Jacques

• 3.  RE: Log Comment notification

Posted Mar 25, 2020 06:34 AM
    Hello,
    thank you for your fast answer. These steps I know but I do not know how set the condition / macro.
    How can I tell to CA SDM send me notification when anybody add comment to ticket?

Have a nice day,
    LP

• 4.  RE: Log Comment notification

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 25, 2020 07:42 AM
    Hi Lukas,

Is this the first time you try to enable activity notifications or this was done for other activities without your knowledge?

Just go to the Log Comment activity notification and make sure the Notify checkbox is enabled. Look at other activity notifications which I assume are also active, e.g. Initial and then set the Notify checkbox accordingly.

Hope this helps?

------------------------------
    Kind Regards,
    Brian
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: Log Comment notification
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 25, 2020 08:21 AM
    Hello Brian,
    no this is not my first notification what I configure. That is also reason why at first I wrote this will be something stupid and easy but I can not see it.

Notify checkbox is enabled but in our CA SDM I can not see check box for set autonotification. My idea is that this is possible solution but also I thought that this can be set with some condition or macro.

I will consult also with our CA administrators about config autonotification and will see.
    Thank you.

LP