1. Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
    2. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
    3. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
    4. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 feature for Windows Server 2012
    5. Windows Installer 5.0
    6. Microsoft Web Services Enhancements 3
    7. After installation I am getting the below error once I open the page
    Problem:
    page is not displayed and not able to understand that's why its giving the Oracle client error because I installed it with SQL.
    screenshot attached

Server Error in '/ITAM' Application.
    with the below additional explaination:

System.Data.OracleClient requires Oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: System.Data.OracleClient requires Oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Exception: System.Data.OracleClient requires Oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater.]
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) +1050
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +108
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +115
    System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection.Open() +43
    CA.Common.Data.Connection.Database.OpenConnection() +95
    CA.Common.Data.Connection.Database.ExecuteScalar(String sql) +154
    CA.Common.Data.Meta.Metadata.LoadSysAdminRoleID() +143
    CA.Common.Data.Meta.Metadata..cctor() +978

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'CA.Common.Data.Meta.Metadata' threw an exception.]
    CA.Common.Data.Meta.Metadata.Refresh(Boolean configOnly) +0
    ASP.global_asax.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) +14

[HttpException (0x80004005): The type initializer for 'CA.Common.Data.Meta.Metadata' threw an exception.]
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +10094489
    System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +118
    System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +173
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +336
    System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +296

[HttpException (0x80004005): The type initializer for 'CA.Common.Data.Meta.Metadata' threw an exception.]
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +10075596
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +95
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +254

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.3062.0

• 2.  RE: ITAM Installation
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 06, 2019 10:46 AM
    Hi,

which release of ITAM are you installing? That may help identify where the installer has gone wrong. Current releases have the MDB location in the registry, under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\CA\Shared\ITAM - what do you have in there for the DatabaseType, DatabaseVersion and DatabaseServer values? Are they correct for your SQL instance?

thanks
    Iain

• 3.  RE: ITAM Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 07, 2019 01:11 AM
    Edited by Muhammad Arif Nov 07, 2019 07:12 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi Lain
    Database Type is SqlServer
    but its show the SQL Version 2008.
    I installed it with sql 2014.