CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Servicedesk using default SQL port 1433 during installation despite of customized port

Posted Mar 09, 2020 01:50 PM
    Hi 

We are facing a challenge with database port. We are using customize port 2991 to connect the application to database (NO 1433)

We are running with AA mode having 1 BG , 1 SB & 1 application(APP1) & cluster DB in the same domain (same subnet). We didnt face any issue during installation and configuration  (using 2991 as a listening port to sql) within the same domain

Now we are placing one more application server (APP2) in another domain (different subnet) and there is a firewall  between app1 and app2.

We are not able to install the application as it continuosly failing at 3rd step (Configuring Service Desk Manager ) and throwing an error (Start CA Servicedesk Manager services in db admin mode is failed.)

We checked the stdlog and it saying "unable to  connect to 10.x.x.x server" which is database server.

Although we already opened required ports between both domain servers i.e 2100 -2200 , 2300 8080 etc & 2991 sql port .

Upon more troubleshooting we got to know from firewall team that our APP2 server also making a connection to database server via default port which is 1433.

Also i can see the TCP connection from Resource Monitor that
    sql_check_db.exe making a connection to our db server with 1433
    and
    ssms.exe making connection to our db server with 2991

Now i want to know why sdm using default 1433 port to connect to database server despite we are using customized port.
    How can we justify Firewall team that we also need 1433 port to be opened.

Is anyone faced this issue?

#CAServiceDesk
    #mdbadmin
    #ca_sdm_17.1

​​​​​​

• 2.  RE: Servicedesk using default SQL port 1433 during installation despite of customized port

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 26, 2020 07:32 AM

Hi Asim,

Had you see this knowledge article? Does it help?

Article ID: 107651
    Title: CA SDM 17.1 installation against MS SQL Server over a non default SQL port fails

URL: https://ca-broadcomcsm.wolkenservicedesk.com/wolken/esd/knowledgebase_search?articleId=107651

Regards,

Karen

------------------------------
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Servicedesk using default SQL port 1433 during installation despite of customized port

Posted Mar 26, 2020 04:30 PM
    Hi KAren

the link is not accessible

• 4.  RE: Servicedesk using default SQL port 1433 during installation despite of customized port
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 27, 2020 03:55 AM

My apologies.  The correct link is: https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=107651  

Regards,

Karen

Broadcom