CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  SDM 17.3 k8s deploy soap service to sdmapp-1 pod

Posted May 28, 2020 02:15 AM
    Hi.
    I tried to configure the soap service to my second application server pod, as documented here:
    Deploying CA Service Desk Manager Docker Containers

when editing in configmap "sdmconfig.sdmapp-1", I recognized that the setting
    options.deploy_web_services: "1"
    is already done...
    However, the webservice is only available on sdmapp-0.
    After some investigation, I found, that the corresponding ingress service is only bound to sdmapp-0 by default (hardcoded)
    Is there any reason, that the soap service is not deployed to all app server pods, but only to one by default 
    Thanks
    ........Michael

------------------------------
    Principal Services Consultant
    HCL Enterprise Studio
    Germany

• 2.  RE: SDM 17.3 k8s deploy soap service to sdmapp-1 pod
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 25, 2020 04:44 AM
    For those who are interested ;)
    Meanwhile I have my k8s test environment up and running in a GKE managed k8s cluster.

As mentioned above, the SOAP service is bound to the sdmapp-0 pod only by default, regardless if you configure it on other app pods as documented.
    Based on Broadcom support this is due to the fact that the Visualizer  needs to access the soap service on the same pod it is running on .
    That means, ootb, you can only have one working visualizer tomcat on pod sdmapp-0, with some other ugly consequences.
    Fortunately, I was able to reconfigure the k8s config/setup a bit and also the Visualizer configuration, so that now, SOAP and Visualizer are running on all my app pods and everything is working fine so far.

Btw. , once this is running in k8s, scaling another app server is just fun ! Having an additional app server up and running in 5 minutes is just one of the great capabilities of this enviroment.
    I am curious about, what it takes to implement the first roll-up patch or even the next release. My expectation: less than 15 minutes for the whole SDM cluster (BG , SB ; 4 APP) . lets see :)

Next step: going to Azure ;)

Regards
    .............Michael

Principal Services Consultant
    HCL Enterprise Studio
    Germany