CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  SLA based on customer workshift

Posted Apr 03, 2020 12:04 PM
    Hi,

I have done a lot of research but I have not found a solution that meets my needs.

I am a national-wide service provider and I need my SLAs to be based on my customers workshift and not mine. Has anyone found a way to do this.

Service contracts cannot meet my needs directly because I have several thousand customers, therefore several thousand workshift with each at least 3 priorities. It would be too much management created and manage that afterwards.

The only thing I need is the SLA look at the Ticket or Customer or Organization workshift (one of them I will manage) instead of Service Type workshift.

Thank's !

Eric

------------------------------
    CTO
    CPU

• 2.  RE: SLA based on customer workshift
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 07, 2020 09:05 AM
    Edited by Christopher Hackett Jun 01, 2020 06:46 PM
    Hi Eric,

There might a simple solution to your issue, probably something you just overlooked ;-)

When you are defining a Service Type (SLA), there are two of the fields you will need to use in order for your requirement to be met, namely: 'Timezone' and 'Use End User's Timezone'.

Service Type Fields

You might also want to install the 'sla_workshift_override' option

See:

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/17-2/administering/administering-ca-service-desk-manager/manage-service-type-and-service-type-events.html

Kind Regards,
    Brian

• 3.  RE: SLA based on customer workshift

Posted Apr 07, 2020 09:39 AM
    Hi Brian,

Unfortunately, the timezone flag use only the timezone of the customer, not his workshift... the flag I would like to have would be "Use customer workshift (schedule)".

​Regards,

Eric

CTO
    CPU