CA Service Management

View Only

update Service Catalog request through an URL

• 1.  update Service Catalog request through an URL

Posted Sep 16, 2020 05:38 AM
    Hi Team,

I have a quite challenging requirement in PAM / Service Catalog where I am stuck and I don't know if it possible at all.
    I have a Request that starts a PAM Process. In this PAM Prozess I want to create a Notification Email with a Link, where the recipient can click on, and after the link / URL was clicked, the PAM Process can continue.
    Using an Interaction Form is only a second option, as this will require to many additional clicks for the customer. So is there a way to simulate an approval/rejection in a interaction form by clicking on an URL?
    Another thing that I have tried is, I created a link into Catalog (with ....Node=icguinode.postevent....) that fires an Event-Rule-Action in catalog, and this Event starts another PAM Process, that sends an Event to the waiting Process so this can continue. This works fine, but only if the user that clicks on the link is a Service Delivery Administrator. This is of course a no-go. I can pass a user and password in the URL but there everything is readable and this is even more a no-go.
    Does anyone know, if there is a way to hide or encrypt the password in the URL? Or may be there is another way to continue a waiting PAM Process by clicking an URL?

Many thanks,
    Markus

------------------------------
    Senior Technical Consultant
    Fujitsu Services GmbH
    ------------------------------