CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Service Desk URL gets hung

Posted Jan 11, 2022 12:03 AM
    Edited by Varnima Vidyarthi Jan 11, 2022 12:04 AM
    Dear All,
    For the last 1.5 months we are facing issues with the SD URL. Once in every week, the SD URL does not respond and when checked the SD primary server was hung. This is happening very frequently and is impacting our business now. Checked from windows and could find that the the servers was not able to connect to the AD server. After rebooting all the issues were resolved. But rebooting the primary server every week is not a solution. Can someone help with the troubleshooting?
    The environment is CA SDM 17.1 on 2012 R2 Standard edition and has 3 additional secondary servers along with primary.
    The URL is integrated with SM for SSO on IIS.
    Due to issues occurring on a daily basis we are unable to focus on the upgrade part.
    Regards,
    Varnima Vidyarthi

• 2.  RE: Service Desk URL gets hung

Posted Jan 13, 2022 09:56 AM

Varnima,
    Couple of questions - Which cumulative update do you have applied to your 17.1 environment and do you make use of the Web Services?

May be completely irrelevant, but I have seen issues in using web services in an out of the box 17.1 where the memory used by the boplgin process grows and eventually the process dies and restarts.  Once this happens, further login attempts on that server just hang and a restart fixes the issue.

Regards

Joe

• 3.  RE: Service Desk URL gets hung

Posted Jan 14, 2022 02:26 AM
    Dear Joe,

We are on RU11 for CA SDM 17.1. Which web services you are referring to, if you can elaborate will be really helpful.

Regards,
    Varnima

• 4.  RE: Service Desk URL gets hung

Posted Jan 17, 2022 04:54 AM
    Hi Varnima,

I was referring to the SOAP and REST web services sometimes utilised for integration with other components / systems.
    Given that you have now specified that you are on RU11, it is unlikely this is the issue as the memory leaks were resolved in an earlier RU.
    i.e.
    17.01.02 DE43209 Usage of RESTful web services results in continuous memory growth in domsrvr and boplgin processes.
    17.01.02 DE44368 RESTful Webservices leads to performance issue.

Best regards
    Joe