CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  installation of second catalog server

Posted Jun 16, 2020 08:55 AM
    Edited by Jakub Kolacny Jun 16, 2020 09:04 AM
    Team,
    we have some troubles while installing the second catalog server (17.3). We always get an error message at the very beginning of the "Configuring CA Service Catalog - Components" installation step.

The first server is always installed without any issues. The problem is not with the server itself - is doesn't matter which server is installed first. The second installation always fails.

I can't upload the log file (some weird security rules) so here are some screenshots...

I've found similar issue for 17.1, but it probably doesn't apply to our installation (in 17.3 there is no hardcoded collation in the function mentioned and there is no error message in the install_mdb.log)
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/91788/ca-service-catalog-configuration-ca-mdb.html

Thank you,
    Jakub

• 2.  RE: installation of second catalog server

Posted Jun 16, 2020 11:20 AM
    I've found that even for the successful Catalog installation on the first server, there are some error messages in the install.log (EEM integration step). Despite these messages, the Catalog on the first server works fine. 

• 3.  RE: installation of second catalog server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 22, 2020 10:59 AM
    Hi Jakub, 
    Is there any error in the seeddata.log and view.log in the exact moment you get the -3 error code in the install.log file?
    Regards, 
    Pablo

------------------------------
    Senior Support Engineer

• 4.  RE: installation of second catalog server

Posted Jun 22, 2020 01:46 PM
    Hi Pablo,
    there are no errors in the seeddata.log file. In the view.log there is only one thing I found interesting about the mdb deployment - see the screenshot below...
    Thank you for your time,
    Jakub

• 5.  RE: installation of second catalog server
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 22, 2020 03:06 PM
    Thanks, Jakub.
    I would expect to see further details in another log regarding the root cause... Can you check if there is any other log in logs\install or %TEMP\casm folders which contains more information about the error message shown in view.log/install.log?
    Thanks!

Senior Support Engineer