CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Mark an Organization as Important - Possible??

Posted Aug 29, 2019 02:47 PM
    I have a current request from my groups to see if the following is possible within SDM .... any help or information on this is appreciated.

Background Information
    We have customized the organization object for our stores information with a few custom fields ... Route, Stop, Wave, Area, Region, District.
    The Store/Organization field is displayed and filled in when a call ticket is created.

Request from my groups
    Is there a way we can designate or flag a store/organization records as being different (Pilot Store, New Store) as they require immediate attention. We need to be able to visually show the Analyst who is creating or triaging the call tickets know that the Store entered is considered different and has special requirements.

My Thoughts
    I was thinking this would be similar to the VIP Special Handling function except I need it to be on the store/organization object and not set on the Affected End User (contact) record ... can this be done?
    Another possible thought was to create another custom field on the store/organization object (table), add the new field to the call ticket form and have custom code set to only display the new field when it has data?

thank you
    TheKatherine

------------------------------
    System Technologist
    Sheetz Inc

• 2.  RE: Mark an Organization as Important - Possible??
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2019 01:23 AM
    Hello TheKatherine,

The second suggestion of creating a new custom field on the store/organization table and then displaying it on the ticket AND list forms would seem to be the way to go. That's a pretty standard change. And requires no unsupported customisation.

I don't even know if you need to think about anything fancy such as colour coding or display/not display . . . the Analysts can probably be trained to check for this field relatively easily?  But if you did, you'd need a SPL code trigger that did an if/then on the field. (Try checking out the forms to see if there is any Special Handling code to change colours that you can pinch. This would be unsupported.)

You could also add a Stored Query for these, so that they are more readily visible, even if the Analyst were to back out of the ticket without seeing the flag.

Kyle_R.

• 3.  RE: Mark an Organization as Important - Possible??

Posted Aug 30, 2019 10:09 AM
    Kyle,

Thanks for the information ... I am going to go ahead and reach out to my groups and suggest this option (creating new field on store/organization table) and go from there with it. Definitely want to do the change that will be supported and/or least amount of customization.

TheKatherine

System Technologist
    Sheetz Inc