CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Problem - Delay to load Events

Posted Jan 15, 2020 04:15 AM
    Hi.

I've got an Event attached to a specific activity. This event has 5 seconds of delay to execute, but some times I can to check this event is load 10 o 15 minutes after the activity was created.

Which can to be the problem? I reviewed the logs and I don't find anything is a clued of the problem.

screenshot of Event History

Only I view theses errors but I don't be sure if these errors are the problem.

01/13 16:51:55.44 SE41VAP001CGSC spelsrvr 56472 ERROR pcexec.c 6403 Spell interp failed at bopevt.spl:3677:evtdly::compute_new_fire | bopevt.spl:2935:evtdly::make_new_delay: Non-date arg to workflow_abs2
    work ()
    01/13 16:51:55.44 SE41VAP001CGSC spelsrvr 56472 ERROR bopevt.spl 2627 ERROR doing delay: bopevt.spl:3677:evtdly::compute_new_fire | bopevt.spl:2935:evtdly::make_new_delay
    01/13 16:51:55.44 SE41VAP001CGSC spelsrvr 56472 ERROR sla.spl 151 Error Starting Delay: bopevt.spl:3677:evtdly::compute_new_fire | bopevt.spl:2935:evtdly::make_new_delay

Regards.

• 2.  RE: Problem - Delay to load Events

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2020 05:23 AM

Hi Andres,

My suggestion would be to review/follow knowledge article 126403 - perhaps the root cause and solution in that article is relevant. If so, the spelsrvr ERRORs could clarify whether or not the load delay issues are related:

Article ID: 126403

Title: spelsrvr reports Non-date arg for call to evtdly::make_new_delay

URL: https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=126403

Regards,

Karen

------------------------------
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Problem - Delay to load Events

Posted Jan 15, 2020 06:18 AM
    Hi,

Thank you for the information, but the resolution is to do something manually, but we can't check all request for this all time. Are there any solution??

• 4.  RE: Problem - Delay to load Events

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2020 07:40 AM
    Edited by Karen Matoke Jan 15, 2020 07:40 AM
    Hi Andres,

I had not found any matching known defect/solution. 

The customer that raised a case in the past, for which the knowledge article was written, had not pursued determining the set of steps-to-reproduce the issue after correcting the situation for the couple of instances they found in their environment in which both a fire time and a cancel time were not set for an attached event.  Unsupported/custom action macros were being used (but we don't know for sure if these were relevant).

I would suggest checking the Attached_Events table for any rows that are returned by the following command: 

Regards,

Karen

Broadcom

• 5.  RE: Problem - Delay to load Events
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2020 03:58 AM
    You may want to add an additional domsrvr object dedicated to the animator. This should help to trigger your events speedily. See below KB article:

https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=9623

Kind Regards,
    Brian