CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Only group members should be available in contact list

Posted Jul 08, 2020 06:57 AM
    Hi 

In Data Partition for Level1 analyst role, we have constraint id = @root.id   for ca_contact table for Type 'View' which shows only the logged in contact user.

we want to see all those contacts who are the member of the Group who has Supervisor name available.

For instance,
    User: Analyst1 is the supervisor of Group Name: Accounts

So when Analyst1 search for contacts, it should also show all the members in contact list who are present in Accounts group.

How can i achieve this?

Please someone help.

@datapartition

• 2.  RE: Only group members should be available in contact list

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2020 04:22 AM
    Hi Asim,

Seems like you are looking at the wrong tab. The members of a group are visible on Tab 4 (Members, Service Contracts, Auto Assignment)

------------------------------
    Kind Regards,
    Brian

• 3.  RE: Only group members should be available in contact list

Posted Jul 09, 2020 07:21 AM
    Edited by asim Shah Jul 09, 2020 07:29 AM
    HI Brian

I guess i didnot explain correctly,  

what we want , when the analysts, who uses level1 Analyst or Level2 analyst role,  they click on search menu -> contacts then it should display only those contacts to whom the logged in Analyst is the Supervisor of.

to achieve this, i created a DP contraint for ca_contact table with type VIEW

id.supervisor_contact_uuid IN @root.id 

This fulfil our need as it shows only those contacts to whom the logged in analyst is the supervisor, but when the analyst switch role to any other, the application service goes down we are getting error, AHD04403: No response from CA Service Desk Manager,​. And after few seconds the services come up automatically and user can log in, but again when user switch to any other role, same thing happens.

In Logs we see below error.

domsrvr              5760 ERROR        domset.c              5376  Unable to resolve id.supervisor_contact_uuid for subselect catcher=oDHAAA

domsrvr              5760 SIGNIFICANT  domset.c             12180 Concurrent list refresh limit disabled

07/09 13:53:39.82 CA17DEV        domsrvr              5760 SEVERE_ERROR miscos.c               222 Signal SIGSEGV received - Exiting!

07/09 13:53:41.08 CA17DEV        bpeid_nxd            3368 ERROR        bpebr_main.c          1550 EBR::EID::Domsrvr connection lost

07/09 13:53:41.08 CA17DEV        keit_daemon          8892 ERROR        main.c                 194 Domsrvr connection lost

07/09 13:53:41.10 CA17DEV        ttv_nxd             11212 ERROR        ttv_nxd.c             1924 The domsrvr has died! Reconnect will be attempted in 60 seconds

07/09 13:53:41.10 CA17DEV        bpebr_nxd           11128 ERROR        bpebr_main.c          1550 EBR::Domsrvr connection lost

07/09 13:53:41.10 CA17DEV        kpi_sys_daemon       5992 ERROR        main.c                 273 Domsrvr connection lost

07/09 13:53:41.10 CA17DEV        animator_nxd        10376 ERROR        animator_nxd.c         644 The domsrvr has died! Reconnect will be attempted in 60 seconds

• 4.  RE: Only group members should be available in contact list

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2020 09:22 AM
    Hi Asim,

For starters, that data-partition looks wrong for what you are trying to do. It looks like it is simply checking if the logged-in user is the supervisor. 

There is an OOTB constraint that checks if the logged-in user is a member of a group. I think you should be using that as the basis. It will het you closer to what you are trying to achieve than your current constraint

Kind Regards,
    Brian

• 5.  RE: Only group members should be available in contact list

Posted Jul 09, 2020 03:13 PM
    You can try with below constraint

supervisor_contact_uuid =@root.id

• 6.  RE: Only group members should be available in contact list
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 13, 2020 12:32 PM

I assume you want to retain the functionality that the logged in user can view its own contact record
    id = @root.id

and view Groups whose Supervisor is the current logged in user
    (type = 2308 AND supervisor_contact_uuid = @root.id)​​

so it should look something like this
    id = @root.id OR (type = 2308 AND supervisor_contact_uuid = @root.id)​​

• 7.  RE: Only group members should be available in contact list

Posted Jul 13, 2020 02:06 PM
    Hi Ruben

The aim was to View Group MEMBERS in the contact list whose supervisor is the current logged in user. But i think this is not achievable.

However, this constraint supervisor_contact_uuid = @root.id can also fulfill our need as our servicedesk contacts are maintained and updated with supervisor field.

Many Thanks