CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA PA - Invoke Soap Method operator - load local wsdl

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2021 05:14 PM
    Team,
    I need to connect to an external SOAP WS API. So far I've always used the standard "Invoke SOAP Method" operator and the WSDL wizard that loads all the definitions. But in this case, I have only a WSDL definition file stored locally on the server.

Is there a way to load the file using the wizard? I've tried to put the file path, but it didn't work.

The WSDL definition seems to be OK - I can use it with SoapUI without any problems.

Thank you for your suggestions,
    Jakub

• 2.  RE: CA PA - Invoke Soap Method operator - load local wsdl

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 09, 2021 05:19 AM
    Hi Jakub,

Sounds like this is a CA ITPAM query. I would suggest logging this thread in the IT Process Automation Community for better coverage. See below URL:

https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/communityhomeblogs?CommunityKey=1363a827-69af-4b38-b1c8-bfff7de977fd

------------------------------
    Kind Regards,
    Brian
    [JobTitle]
    [Country]

• 3.  RE: CA PA - Invoke Soap Method operator - load local wsdl

Posted Sep 16, 2021 04:32 AM
    Hi Jakub.
    Don't know , if this helps:
    In your file based wsdl, there should be a port binding definition at its end. this section defines the url endpoint of this SOAP service.
    Usually, if you take the service url and append a "?wsdl" the service will respond with its wsdl. and this might be parsed by pam wsdl explorer.
    Sure it might be, that your service is not reachable, but then you wouldn't be able to do any tests anyway.
    Regards
    ...Michael

Regards
    ....Michael

• 4.  RE: CA PA - Invoke Soap Method operator - load local wsdl

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2022 02:37 AM
    Hi Michael,
    the problem was that in the WSDL definition there were xsd URLs that were not reachable.

In the end, I downloaded the WSDL, published it locally on the PAM server, and changed all the xsd definitions inside the WSDL to point to the local files.  After that I was able to parse it by the PAM explorer.

Regards,
    Jakub