CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

After upgrading to v17.3 Service Catalog CMDB associations links are breaking?

  • 1.  After upgrading to v17.3 Service Catalog CMDB associations links are breaking?

    Posted 12-02-2020 09:24 AM

    Error message:

    2020/08/04 12.34.09.606 ERROR [http-nio-8380-exec-8] [CMDBWebserviceManager] Exception while loading CMDBWebserviceManager configuration

    AxisFault

    faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Client

    faultSubcode:

    faultString: Error - invalid login policy

    faultActor:

    faultNode:

    faultDetail:

                {}ErrorMessage:Error - invalid login policy

                {}ErrorCode:1000

     

    Exception while loading CMDBWebserviceManager configuration

    invalid login policy



  • 2.  RE: After upgrading to v17.3 Service Catalog CMDB associations links are breaking?

    Broadcom Employee
    Posted 12-04-2020 12:56 AM
    Edited by Brian Mathato 12-04-2020 12:58 AM
    1. What rollup level of r17.3 are you on?

    2. Have you checked the CMDB policy in question on the SDM\CMDB side? See the steps mentioned in the below URL:

    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/17-3/integrating/integrating-ca-service-catalog/integrate-cmdb-with-ca-service-catalog/step-2-perform-setup-tasks-for-cmdb.html


    3. Can you elaborate a bit more on where you go and how to reproduce the issue? Some screen prints may also help.




    ------------------------------
    Kind Regards,
    Brian
    ------------------------------



  • 3.  RE: After upgrading to v17.3 Service Catalog CMDB associations links are breaking?

    Posted 12-07-2020 03:16 PM

    Brian,

     

    Thanks for your response. We installed the base v17.3 in our Dev and Test envrionments. We did install the latest patch (17.3.0.2)  but we had to back it out, as it created another critical issue that I won't rehersh in this response.

     

    Our policy files are fine. In fact, when the error does occur our only option to fix it is to reboot the app server. And the same policy files work perfectly when the server comes back up. We think the main cause is due to some recent changes to our Active Directory and Domain Controllers environment as well as the health of our Test server (VMware).

     

    And we cannot reproduce the error on demand, if we could, we could fix it. Feel free to give me a call. 813-579-0053