CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  SDM Resolved Notification

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2019 02:55 AM
    Hi,

I have created a custom status named "Completed" for Request only. But on the custom status I have checked the option names "Make Resolved?".

I also have created a custom Notification Rule on Completed Status with custom message template. 

Now Whenever Request Status is changed to "Completed" then 2 Notification will be triggered one is Resolved and other is Custom Notification. Do let me know how can I stop resolved Email Notification without unchecking the "Make Resolved" option. As I also need to Auto Close the ticket on completed status. 
    Environment :
    CA SDM 17.1
    MS SQL 2014

Regards,
    Mohit

• 2.  RE: SDM Resolved Notification

Posted Nov 05, 2019 05:05 PM
    Condition the Resolved Activity Notification:
    1. Make a copy of the OOTB Default Resolved Notification Rule for request/incident/problem.
    2. For the copied rule, specify a condition so that it will only fire on the status(es) you want.
    3. Replace the OOTB rule with your custom rule.

------------------------------
    Lindsay Estabrooks
    Principal Consultant
    IT-EDU Consultants

• 3.  RE: SDM Resolved Notification

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 06, 2019 01:42 AM
    Thanks Lindsay for the response.

I did the below steps :
    1. Copied the existing Default Resolved Notification Rule.
    2. Add the Macro (Site Defined Condition) which is Type equal to 'Request' And Status Not Equal to 'Completed'
    3. On the Activity Notification - Resolved. Removed the default resolved notification rule and added the copied resolved notification rule and selected only for Affected End Users

Now I am not able to get resolved notification either on completed status or any other. Do let me know if I miss anything in the configuration part.

Regards,
    Mohit

• 4.  RE: SDM Resolved Notification
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 06, 2019 05:12 AM
    Hi,

I did the below steps and it Worked only change I did in the point 2 highlighted :
    1. Copied the existing Default Resolved Notification Rule.
    2. Add the Macro (Site Defined Condition) which is  Status Not Equal to 'Completed'
    3. On the Activity Notification - Resolved. Removed the default resolved notification rule and added the copied resolved notification rule and selected only for Affected End Users

Regards,
    Mohit

• 5.  RE: SDM Resolved Notification

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 06, 2019 05:56 AM
    For the 2nd part of your query (auto closure), please refer to below section in the documentation:

Automatic Closure of Tickets:

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/17-2/administering/configure-ca-service-desk-manager/establishing-support-structure/automatic-closure-of-tickets.html

Kind Regards,
    Brian