CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to create Tab for open ticket as employee view

Posted Jan 12, 2020 10:35 PM
    Dear all,

I would like to create new tab for create a ticket. Is it posible to clone home.htmpl from employee view? Because My customer don't want to change to other role and they don't need to use create ticket on servicedesk tab. Please help. I try to clone it. But it's not work for me. Please help.

Best regard.
    Chanopas

• 2.  RE: How to create Tab for open ticket as employee view

Posted Jan 13, 2020 09:33 AM
    Edited by J W Jan 16, 2020 11:04 AM
    Chanopas,

The images you posted are very small and hard to read.  UPDATED:  Change browsers and now they are showing in-line and full size.

Would you please explain further what you are trying to accomplish?  These are people using the analyst web interface and you want to show the employee interface in a new tab? 

What is the issue with using the File->New Request from the Service Desk tab?

You can also add the Create New Request toolbar icon to the Service Desk tab menu.  This would allow a one-click button to create a new Request.  This is done by the Menu Designer in Web Screen Painter (WSP).

WSP:
    Create New Request Toolbar Icon - WSP

Analyst view:

Create New Request Toolbar Icon - Analyst View

J.W.

------------------------------
    "No matter where you go, there you are." - TAoBB:AtED

• 3.  RE: How to create Tab for open ticket as employee view

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2020 08:29 AM
    Edited by Brian Mathato Jan 16, 2020 08:34 AM
    Hi Chanopas,

What is it that your customer does not really like about the current view or functionality on the Employee role? What is the real concern (Business Requirement) they are trying to address?

If they need a quick way to create tickets, the are other options like Maileater. The user simply send an email and a ticket is created for them without even logging into the Service Desk GUI. There is also Service Point (For Employees) and xFlow (For Analysts) that are alternatives for a better\modern GUI. The is also the CASM Mobile App. As you can see, there are many ways to skin this cat...

Kind Regards,
    Brian

• 4.  RE: How to create Tab for open ticket as employee view

Posted Jan 16, 2020 09:22 PM
    Hi J.W.

Thank you for reply my post. My customer told me that the employee view for open a ticket is easy to use than analyst view. That why they want to use a GUI for create a ticket same as employee view. After i put a page of employee view to tab of analyst role. I think i get an error about priviledge. I also recommend them to have 2 role. But they need only 1 role. 

Thank you
    Chanopas

• 5.  RE: How to create Tab for open ticket as employee view
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2020 03:04 AM
    The easiest way to address your issue is for the users to have 2 roles (Analyst & Employee). So when they want to create ticket as Employee, they simply switch the role to Employee.

Kind Regards,
    Brian